advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Slide Tray Carousels, donate?
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: October 01, 2021 07:53PM
Going to get rid of about dozen slide carousels, I don't want to throw them out. Best place to leave them? Donation facility? I suspect most places might not bother with that old tech. Will likely get rid of the slide projector too, if lamp still works will use it to double check some slides in a few of the carousels have been scanned.

Most all of the original slides have been scanned, burned to DVDs and distributed to about 6 family members. Well backed up. It is still very difficult to throw the originals, most dating as far back as 40 to 60 years! winking smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2021 07:57PM by SKYLANE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Slide Tray Carousels, donate?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 01, 2021 08:02PM
Freecycle.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 01, 2021 10:44PM
Just see to it that somebody gets them.
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 01, 2021 10:45PM
Yeah, free on CL or FB or whatever else you use.

of course, don't expect any takers.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: October 02, 2021 09:09AM
You mentioned that the slides have been given to family members. If any of them are so inclined, this is an incredibly cool way to re-imagine them. Just read about it this morning. [www.thisiscolossal.com]
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 02, 2021 09:36AM
prymsnap
You mentioned that the slides have been given to family members. If any of them are so inclined, this is an incredibly cool way to re-imagine them. Just read about it this morning. [www.thisiscolossal.com]

Very cute!
Posted by: tenders
Date: October 02, 2021 10:13AM
That is cool…but wow, what a lot of work, finding and aligning the dogs just so.
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: October 02, 2021 11:23AM
SKYLANE
...It is still very difficult to throw the originals, most dating as far back as 40 to 60 years! winking smiley

prymsnap

If it's not too late - you may want to rethink tossing out the original slides - once gone, they're gone forever; I like the idea that prymsnap linked to; if my parents' slides were 35mm (instead of 16mm), I'd be doing that - kinda hard to do with a digital file, though. Also - a part of me doesn't like the thought of destroying the originals.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 02, 2021 12:01PM
Any photography forums? That would be where I would try to dump donate them! 30 years ago, people were pretty much dumping vinyl records.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Don C
Date: October 03, 2021 10:05PM
Been getting ads for a phone app that lets you take photos of slides and convert them to digital. Does that work? Or would it be the same as just holding a slide up to the light and taking a picture of it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020