advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Does anyone know anything about arial photography? I'm tempted to pick up a camera on the cheap
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 02, 2021 10:35AM
[bid.wisconsinsurplus.com]#

Its not clear to me that you'd be able to find film for it anymore. Maybe someone knows better.

Might be fun to fool around with....but it also looks complicated enough that it would probably be A LOT of work to make it do anything remotely interesting. I'm thinking a single exposure.

---

To be clear, I know this wouldn't be practical for anything. Practical is different from interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2021 11:00AM by mattkime.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Does anyone know anything about arial photography? I'm tempted to pick up a camera on the cheap
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: October 02, 2021 10:42AM
These were pretty specialized objects that were mounted in the belly of an airplane to do planimetric aerial photography. Besides the issue of getting and developing an entire roll of 9-inch-wide film, the lenses will be really long focal lengths, so you can fly at 2000 feet and photograph a scene 1000 feet wide. Heavy, too.

These days, a $200 drone will give you better imagery, which you can look at immediately to be sure you have the scene.
Re: Does anyone know anything about arial photography? I'm tempted to pick up a camera on the cheap
Posted by: Bernie
Date: October 02, 2021 10:47AM
Everyone uses drones these days.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: btfc
Date: October 02, 2021 10:59AM
[aerial-survey-base.com]
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 02, 2021 11:31AM
btfc
[aerial-survey-base.com]

That is cool
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 02, 2021 11:59AM
What, like $100000 new? more? and auction for $5. LOL, sorta.

Who would be in the market for this kind of thing anymore? Some 3rd world country?

Cuase, yea, a $1000 drone could maybe handle this...

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: October 02, 2021 12:15PM
And there's a roll of 240mm film on eBay right now for only $650!
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: October 02, 2021 01:33PM
I have absolutely no use in the world for that... but I want that all the same.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 02, 2021 02:27PM
.....here is Ariel photography....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: October 02, 2021 02:39PM
I'd say throw in a lowball bid and see how it goes, depending on how large it is (the linked page won't load for me). If it uses 9 inch wide film, it can't exactly be small. Is the significant other in the Mattkime household cool with interesting yet functionally useless objects sitting around?

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 02, 2021 02:51PM
Bernie

Ahem... it's clear from his headline that he is inquiring about photography of mermaids!

It is what it is.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: October 02, 2021 03:31PM
The shipping cases it comes in are probably more useful than the equipment itself!
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 02, 2021 03:40PM
Gareth
The shipping cases it comes in are probably more useful than the equipment itself!

Yea. Current bid is $5.

Didn’t see a minimum. Can’t lowball it much more =)

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: October 02, 2021 04:18PM
Shipping case is worth more than $5.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 02, 2021 04:25PM
It is for pick-up only, no shipping

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Spock
Date: October 02, 2021 06:58PM
Ombligo
It is for pick-up only, no shipping

At 176.3 kg (388.675 lb) empty, you'll need at least two or more of you.

[aerial-survey-base.com]

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 02, 2021 07:55PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Bernie

Ahem... it's clear from his headline that he is inquiring about photography of mermaids!

Nope, fonts

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 02, 2021 09:09PM

It is what it is.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 02, 2021 10:16PM
It’s already at $5.50.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: October 03, 2021 10:22AM
Love the camera…
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 04, 2021 11:53AM
shoot, it went for $250. Way above what I was willing to pay to lug around weird machinery.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 81
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020