advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Philips CPAP recall
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 09, 2021 12:35PM
UPS delivered a message from Philips-Responics today saying my CPAP is being recalled. I had to enter my units serial number and fill out a online form to register it. The notice gave very little info about what Philips will do, but may as well find out.

My machine is older, I switched to a newer CPAP about five years ago. I was considering seeing about replacing my current machine next year. I think I will just wait to see what happens with the recall.

If you have a CPAP and want to see if it is part of the recall, just go to: [www.philipssrcupdate.expertinquiry.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Philips CPAP recall
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 09, 2021 01:00PM
And good luck finding a replacement. I was looking for a new one for my mom, because she thought she was having trouble with her current non-philips CPAP and they are hard to find. The place she gets her CPAP stuff, Medicare supplier, said they have no idea when they will be getting more machines.

Luckily she got hers working ok so I didn’t have to pay out of pocket for a new one, if I could find one.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: October 09, 2021 01:27PM
Lawyer ads all over TV for CPAP lawsuits.
[www.law.com]

feeding frenzy?

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: October 09, 2021 03:08PM
Interesting. I guess they don't have anything to do with Resmed, which is my current CPAP machine.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Diana
Date: October 09, 2021 03:12PM
I read that some sound insulation material inside the machine was breaking down and outgassing; said outgas(es) have been implicated in various cancers and respiratory issues. I registered mine as well, and am waiting for the next step from Philips.
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 09, 2021 04:08PM
Rick-o
Interesting. I guess they don't have anything to do with Resmed, which is my current CPAP machine.

I think that’s the brand my mom has.
Whatever hers was, it was not Philips and not recalled.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: heap1
Date: October 10, 2021 12:39AM
I guess I am lucky! I already got a replacement from Philips. When the representative from Philips called me he said that you are eligible for a replacement for each machine you own even though you might not be using some of them anymore. The nice thing about the new one is that it is about 25% smaller than the one I was using. It takes a few days to get used to taking it apart because it is different than the older model. The new one also uses a touch screen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2021 12:44AM by heap1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020