advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Ordering checks online
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: October 11, 2021 12:16PM
Anyone know of an online source that will NOT force me to have my address on the checks? The first two I have looked at offer no option for leaving the address off the checks.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ordering checks online
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: October 11, 2021 12:44PM
I don't have an answer for you...
I am curious, though. While I respect your desire (and your right) to not have your address on the checks, I remember getting a batch of checks back in the dark ages (late 90's? early 00's?) without my address. Boy, was I ever glad to finish those. Every single place I wanted to use the checks wanted my address on them. One place wouldn't accept my check without it PRINTED on the check (not just written in, like I did with others).
Am I the only one ever hassled for this?

Fortunately, I think I'm down to writing, like, one check a year... so, my current batch of check will last a very long time.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 11, 2021 12:58PM
More and more banks offer free or cheap checks that can be ordered in the bank. You could talk to them during the process.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: October 11, 2021 01:16PM
Paul,

Nope. Not just you. Back in the days when I used checks regularly, nobody would accept a check without my address on it. Didn't matter if they were starter checks provided by the bank for a brand new account. No address, no accept. It was a major nuisance.

In these days of rampant fraud, a check without full identifying information, i.e. name and full address, would be a big red flag to me. I'd never accept a check without identification from the individual/business and identification on the check itself. And, that assumes I accept a check. Nowadays, I'd rather get paid via Zelle, Venmo or a similar electronic and traceable system.

Robert
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: October 11, 2021 01:30PM
I can't even remember the last time I used a check & it's not because I'm
old, it has just been that long ago!

Sorry kj, I can't help.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 11, 2021 01:38PM
One tip for cashing checks easier is to order them starting with a high number. 5001 instead of 101.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: October 11, 2021 02:23PM
Paul F.
Am I the only one ever hassled for this?

Well, you DO look suspicious!

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 11, 2021 02:41PM
Costco now. Checks Unlimited used to have deals, now they add tons of fees. Will never use again.
Maybe put some nondescript descriptors on the address lines, and see if that'll skate thru.
Good luck.
==
Date: October 11, 2021 05:34PM
My bank has never required me to have my address on my checks. I write a few checks a year for charitable donations, and once in a while for something like a copay, otherwise I use my bank's bill payment service and they send out checks for any payee that doesn't accept electronic transfers. I have about a dozen checks left, which I hope won't be enough to last until I'm dead. I was hoping to not reorder through the bank, this time.

No one in recent memory (30+ years) has questioned the lack of an address on my checks. According to one check place I spoke to today, quite a few customers ask to not have their address on their checks. It is a security measure. If a check goes "missing", as several of mine did a few years ago before mailboxes were changed to make fishing extremely difficult, do I want the person who got it to also have my address?

Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: October 11, 2021 05:45PM
My last set of checks from the bank are name only.I think I did it online.
you might try filling in the spaces with on space from the space bar, or use "." in each spot.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 11, 2021 10:37PM
When I first opened a checking account, first at one bank, then at at my now current bank, they gave me 25 'courtesy' checks endoded with the routing number and only my name printed.

It was a bear trying to get them accepted, and yes I had to write my address and phone number on them.

In almost every case, the store rep then wrote my CDL on them.

I never came close to using half the checks in person, and instead used them only for mailing to someone.

Now, there's only one bill I pay with a check, the rest is online bill pay, and the bank sends a check.

As a card carrying Boomer, no payee gets to draw from my account.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: October 12, 2021 08:23PM
I never write checks in stores, in fact I never carry my checkbook with me. I can't imagine a business accepting a check, here in NYC , although there are probably a few that do. I don't remember seeing anyone write a check in a store in NYC since the maybe the 70s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2021 08:25PM by ka jowct.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020