advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Is this MS Office offer legit?
Posted by: wurm
Date: October 11, 2021 04:49PM
My wife needs a copy of Word for her '09 Macbook. A quick search comes up with this, which looks like a decent option, as long as it's legit. What do you think?

[bestdigitalsproducts.com]

Just realized her Macbook is running an older OS, so it would have to be this one

Or cheaper yet: [www.vevodigital.com]

Okay, I think I've answered my own question with a little further digging.smiley-laughing001

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2021 05:34PM by wurm.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Is this MS Office offer legit?
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: October 11, 2021 05:40PM
I saw an add on FaceBook and got one like the vevodigital. I honestly thought it was legit when I bought it, and it has worked fine on multiple Macs.
You get 2 files, one is the .dmg for the install and one that is the .dmg for the volume license.
I am not sure the lineage of what I got, but it works for the very few times I use MS products.
Date: October 11, 2021 06:01PM
Okay, here's the problem.

With such an older Macbook, even if we wanted to buy it from MS, we can't even use the newer MS Office, according to Microsoft: Note that new installs of Microsoft 365 for Mac will also require macOS 10.15 or later.

Best I can do is update the OS on her Macbook to High Sierra (10.13) She'll be using it rarely. We'd be fine with a support-less older version. Any legal/ethical ideas?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 11, 2021 06:02PM
If she uses it that infrequently, why not just a free version of Libreoffice?

The latest one (7.2.1) runs on Sierra

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2021 06:10PM by Ombligo.
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 11, 2021 06:30PM
Ombligo
If she uses it that infrequently, why not just a free version of Libreoffice?

The latest one (7.2.1) runs on Sierra

This.

or a new M1 MBA, $850 right now =)

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: October 11, 2021 07:16PM
She has Libra Office (or one of the other wannabes), but is just so used to Office from her work.

jdc, does that new M1 for $850 come with Office?

Do you know if the monthly subscription thing can be used on an as-needed basis or does it have to be renewed in consecutive months?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 12, 2021 05:34AM
The M1 does not come with office, but if her work has office365 she may be able to download the new version and sign in with her work credentials.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Date: October 12, 2021 07:47AM
And therein lies the problem. She left her job two weeks ago. Which also impacts the purchase of a new M1. smiling smiley
Posted by: Janit
Date: October 12, 2021 01:32PM
Both of these products involve direct download from microsoft and appear to allow installation a one-time install only. Let us know how it goes for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2021 01:52PM by Janit.
Posted by: Janit
Date: October 12, 2021 01:53PM
Ken Sp.
I saw an add on FaceBook and got one like the vevodigital. I honestly thought it was legit when I bought it, and it has worked fine on multiple Macs.
You get 2 files, one is the .dmg for the install and one that is the .dmg for the volume license.
I am not sure the lineage of what I got, but it works for the very few times I use MS products.

Do you remember where you got yours? The vevodigital deal seems to be a one-time install only, with download directly from microsoft.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020