advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Re: So, my Mom died
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 12, 2021 08:01PM
rjmacs - so sorry for you and your family. She sounded like an amazing person. Take the time to support your father, and yourself.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: Janit
Date: October 12, 2021 08:13PM
May her memory be a blessing.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: October 12, 2021 08:34PM
Sorry for your loss.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 12, 2021 08:56PM
Oh RJ I’m with the rest of the crew here in offering my condolences. Thank you for sharing your experience and perspective with us.

To the extent you are able please let your dad know that anything he’s feeling or remembering or otherwise dealing with is normal. My mom died early Jan 2014 and my dad still thinks about her final days and what she went through because of ovarian cancer. I do, too, and was fortunate to also be with her at that time.

Circumstances are always different but my point here is that these are the days we look back on and wonder how we ALL made it through — or beyond — to handle life (and death) one day at a time. We’re here if you need us.
Posted by: Don C
Date: October 12, 2021 09:07PM
So very sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your very moving and loving story.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 12, 2021 09:35PM
My deepest sympathies.
Rest in Peace to your mother.
But I wish those who now live without her peace as well. I lost my mother 13 years ago last week, and it still hurts. As far as I can tell it never stops hurting, but you get used to the hurt.

I've read and shared this by Anne Lamott. It has helped me. I hope it helps you. Perhaps share with your loved ones as well.

“You will lose someone you can’t live without,and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp.”

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 12, 2021 09:37PM
Condolences on your loss.
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 12, 2021 09:43PM
Condolences on your loss. It's good you got the new house settled before it all hit the fan. You'll need some time to process all you grief and turmoil and it would be better if you didn't have to deal with major issues for the foreseeable future.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 12, 2021 09:45PM
Sorry.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 12, 2021 10:56PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.

Posted by: pdq
Date: October 12, 2021 11:15PM
Glioblastoma is the worst. A rapid course may have been better, but I understand your pain.
Posted by: GeneH
Date: October 12, 2021 11:53PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, RJ. The loss of a beloved parent is one of the most shattering moments in life, and especially when as a family you have never suffered a similar loss. Old grandparents', old family friends' deaths are almost expected, but parents often seem invincible and seem like they can live forever. Alas, none of us does!

The very love and memory of her that you hold only indicates how good of a woman she was and tell us how acute must be your and your Dad's suffering at her loss. Comfort each other now! Only time can help to ease the pain later. A long, long time!

An aged adult who knows what you're going through.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: October 13, 2021 04:28AM
I'm so sorry for your loss!

Do make sure you and your family keep dad close, he will really need the support, and lean on your partner to help you get through this. Sounds like you have a close-knit family, that is a blessing in and of itself.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: endymion
Date: October 13, 2021 07:18AM
The sorrow of loss may never truly leave you as there may always be moments when you wish your beloved parent were with you to share some experience… but live on in your memories they will and strengthen you in challenging times.

I am sorry for your loss but glad of your many happy memories and that your mother was able to share that love before her passing. Your mourning will pass in its own time - don’t feel like you need to “get over it” but do indulge in yourself in honor of a mother that cared deeply for you.

Hang in there to you and all those grieving the loss of loved ones in these times.
Posted by: mspace
Date: October 13, 2021 09:13AM
Sorry to hear...
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: October 13, 2021 09:16AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Gratefully, she loved and was loved. My condolences to you and all those affected by her passing.
Posted by: ArtP
Date: October 13, 2021 12:41PM
Condolences - always rough losing a parent.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: October 13, 2021 04:32PM
So sorry for your loss.

I was a real mama's boy & even though the lengthy nature of her terminal illness gave us more time together than most get there's still a hole there in my soul.
Posted by: davec
Date: October 13, 2021 11:47PM
Sincere condolences! The death of loved ones/family members sucks. Know that I am sending prayers and many positive thoughts to you and your family.

Dave

...on the trailing edge of technology.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 14, 2021 09:45AM
Condolences on your loss.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: October 15, 2021 08:59AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is my belief that the person we become because of interactions with someone else allows that person to live on forever.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020