advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
not a smash success?!......Steve Harwell, 'Smash Mouth' lead singer, retires after on stage rant.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 12, 2021 01:06PM
.....he says retiring to deal with 'physical & mental health' issues.....

Smash Mouth singer Steve Harwell retires after ‘chaotic’ onstage rant

....Smash Mouth lead singer Steve Harwell is no longer a part of the band.

The 54-year-old rocker is retiring from music to deal with his physical and mental health, Harwell’s rep told The Post Tuesday.

“Steve has been dealing with long-term medical issues over the last eight years and during his last performance at the Big Sip stage, he suffered numerous symptoms directly linked with his current medical situation,” the rep said. “As of today, Steve will be retiring from Smash Mouth to focus on his physical and mental health.”

On Oct. 9, the band performed at the Big Sip festival in upstate New York where Harwell slurred his words, threatened the audience and gave some crude gestures to the crowd. The video was taken by a TikTok user who goes by the name Haley, who called it “chaotic.”

A source close to Harwell told The Post that he had one of his “episodes” while on stage, as seen in the viral video.

“This unfortunate recording has now been taken out of context and his ailments used against him to paint him as someone who he isn’t,” the insider said.

Harwell was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy eight years ago and has suffered from heart failure and acute Wernicke encephalopathy. The latter condition has greatly impacted his motor functions including speech and impaired his memory.

“Despite Steve’s best efforts to work through these ailments, he is heartbroken to share that it has become impossible for him to continue doing what he loves most, performing in front of the band’s millions of fans around the world,” his rep said.

Despite Harwell’s retirement, Smash Mouth will not be breaking up and will continue to perform as they search for a replacement.

“Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of being a rock star, performing in front of sold-out arenas and have been so fortunate to live out that dream,” Harwell said in a statement. “To my bandmates, it’s been an honor performing with you all these years and I can’t think of anyone else I would have rather gone on this wild journey with.

“To our loyal and amazing fans, thank you, all of this was possible because of you. I’ve tried so hard to power through my physical and mental health issues and to play in front of you one last time, but I just wasn’t able to. I am so grateful to each and every one of you who has helped Smash Mouth sell over 10 million albums worldwide, put us on top of radio charts and those who have kept ‘All Star’ relevant as one of the top memes on the internet today,” he continued.....

bye.......Felicia......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2021 01:25PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: not a smash success?!......Steve Harwell, 'Smash Mouth' lead singer, retires after on stage rant.....
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 12, 2021 04:30PM
Astounding: Apparently, cardiac problems can travel back in time to turn someone into a royal a-hole from birth!

...Here's an episode from 2015.
[www.mediaite.com]

Re: not a smash success?!......Steve Harwell, 'Smash Mouth' lead singer, retires after on stage rant.....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 12, 2021 07:03PM
Sarcany
Astounding: Apparently, cardiac problems can travel back in time to turn someone into a royal a-hole from birth!

[www.mediaite.com]

He has been struggling for 8 years. That puts it even before the 2015 rant.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 12, 2021 07:42PM
Racer X
Sarcany

[www.mediaite.com]

He's been a raging alcoholic since before Shrek made him famous. A nasty drunk.

His diagnosis of cardiomyopathy was 2013.

He drove the drummer out of the band with his drunken tantrums in 2006. Greg Camp was the only talented writer in the band, couldn't stand it any more and took off for good in 2009.

And the band's been touring throughout the pandemic with him drunk on stage, ignoring his prompts while tapes cover his vocals, doing Nazi salutes, screaming about maskers and vaccines and threatening to kill people who paid to see him perform music.

This isn't some occasional bout due to his heart condition forcing him to retire. Yes, he may be very ill. He's an addict and it's been slowly killing him. But he's also a jerk.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 12, 2021 07:46PM
"not the sharpest tool in the shed..."

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 12, 2021 08:03PM

Wernicke encephalopathy

That is a commitment to alcoholism. If you drink alcohol, be sure to get plenty of Vitamin B supplements.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 12, 2021 08:22PM
Sarcany
Racer X
Sarcany

[www.mediaite.com]

He's been a raging alcoholic since before Shrek made him famous. A nasty drunk.

His diagnosis of cardiomyopathy was 2013.

He drove the drummer out of the band with his drunken tantrums in 2006. Greg Camp was the only talented writer in the band, couldn't stand it any more and took off for good in 2009.

And the band's been touring throughout the pandemic with him drunk on stage, ignoring his prompts while tapes cover his vocals, doing Nazi salutes, screaming about maskers and vaccines and threatening to kill people who paid to see him perform music.

This isn't some occasional bout due to his heart condition forcing him to retire. Yes, he may be very ill. He's an addict and it's been slowly killing him. But he's also a jerk.

Wow, that is just nuts. Vitamin deficiency from alcoholism is no joke either. My youngest "step-son" has Crohn's, and I have never been able to convince him to take vitamins to ensure his body is absorbing enough vitamins and minerals to ensure long-term health.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 12, 2021 08:39PM
“This unfortunate recording has now been taken out of context and his ailments used against him to paint him as someone who he isn’t,” the insider said.

The bummer about being famous and financially successful as a result is that nothing is out of context. It’s what comes with being a public figure. People complain all the time musicians or athletes should not be judged on who they are, as if they did not choose their stage to stand on.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 12, 2021 11:10PM
They played to a maskless crowd in Sturgis in Aug 2020.

Smash Mouth's concert on Sunday in front of a packed crowd at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota drew widespread outrage.

… Videos and photos posted to social media showed many in the large crowd seemingly flouting social distancing guidelines Sunday night. Most attendees did not appear to be wearing masks.

… Frontman Steve Harwell told the crowd, "We're all here together tonight. F--- that COVID s---," one video shows.

RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 13, 2021 04:48PM
He'll be back someday to discuss his descent into his anxiety ridden, alcohol fueled bone crushing depression. How he fed it, lived it and eventually was saved by an epiphany and was able begin the climb into light just below heaven. That's where he was headed. But the Lord wasn't done with him. All told in vivid, graphic detail in his book "Allstar who Took to Walkin' on the Sun.

For real, I hope he learns to get his life right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2021 04:48PM by vision63.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 13, 2021 05:40PM
Racer X
Sarcany

[www.mediaite.com]

Goes even farther back than that, actually. Anybody remember this?

[www.youtube.com]

It is what it is.
Posted by: decay
Date: October 19, 2021 08:56AM
N-OS X-tasy!
Racer X
Sarcany

[www.mediaite.com]

Goes even farther back than that, actually. Anybody remember this?

[www.youtube.com]

George Clinton gonna drop a funk bomb.

---
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 118
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020