advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
XR battery usage
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: October 12, 2021 03:05PM
Mom has an iPhone XR. Couple years old. She uses it sparingly yet her battery dies in about a day. as an example, on Sunday she says she made one phone call and took one pic (she was directing traffic at an event all day)…finished at 4:30 went into store to take a pic of the crowds and her phone was basically dead. So one call + one pic = dead battery. Thats not normal right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2021 03:05PM by bazookaman.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: XR battery usage
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 12, 2021 03:18PM
What is the percentage in Battery Health?

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: October 12, 2021 03:21PM
Restart the phone.

My iP7+ started using about 2x the battery it usually does in recent days, basically using a lot of battery while idle. Just restarted and hopefully that will fix it.
Date: October 12, 2021 03:34PM
Yeah. She just said she was going to "try" restarting it. I was like, you haven't tried that yet???

Date: October 12, 2021 03:43PM
graylocks

Max capacity is 88%

Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 12, 2021 04:21PM
bazookaman
graylocks

Max capacity is 88%

definitely something is up. my 11 is at 82% but will last me all day. i recently realized that Reddit was running wild in the background on my 11 despite my shutting background refresh down. Doubt she's a redditor but take a look under Show Activity in Battery Health and see what is eating power.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: October 13, 2021 07:30AM
She left it charging all night after she restarted it. She turned all her apps off and shut off background refresh for everything. She really isn't a power user. She begrudgingly uses it for a phone. So there's definitely something up. I've got an 8 and my max capacity is 95%.

Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: October 13, 2021 10:59AM
Because you all care about my phone, the restart did cure it of the fast battery drain and it's behaving normally now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020