advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Using DisplayLink for extra monitor on Mac? Nice recent update
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 12, 2021 07:51PM
The new version 1.5 of DisplayLink Manager was released a few weeks ago, and it seems to fix the only issues I had with it - it had blocked the ability of Apple Watch to use to unlock your screen (not a huge deal, TouchID and password worked fine).

Anyway, I happened to install on a fresh Mac and saw the update, and it worked! Or should I say, it works as well as an Apple Watch has ever worked - which is 'sometimes'; the latest note was a failure due to the wifi signal was 'too weak'.

As usual, YMMV.

But I thought I'd post, and also share that I've been using DisplayLink with a dual external monitor (5k plus an older 30") on an M1 MBA, and it works great. I did need to get a DisplayLink USB device - could have been an older one from OWC too. I purchased a USB hub with DisplayLink, ethernet, audio, USB-A and has its own power supply (so also powers the Mac). Not sure why people are all fussy about M1 Macs 'only' natively supporting two monitors total (laptop built-in plus external, or two external on M1 Minis).
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020