Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple is giving me a new MacBook...
Posted by: Monster
Date: March 19, 2007 10:15PM
...to replace my G4 iBook, Yeah Apple!

I was going to take it into the Apple Store to see if they would replace it since this would be the fourth time I've brought it in for the same problem, but instead I called Apple Customer Relations due to Racer X's urging, and i don't even have to leave the house now.
I reminded the rep that the extra RAM I have in the iBook won't work in the MacBook, so I got bumped up for the RAM, tomorrow I ship out the iBook, and get a new MacBook shipped straight from China.
This makes twice that Apple has replaced an old laptop with a new one, maybe this time will be the charm.

Of note, Applecare was due to run out at the end of June.
I did take out the Airport card, and the added memory.
Now do I sell it, or buy the Monster Daughter a used G4 iBook to replace her G3 iBook, use the parts in it if needed, and give the G3 iBook to Monster Son after I've modded it a bit (it has a busted bezel and hinge, already have the parts from thebinsky on eBay just need to find out what color to make the case [probably dark blue]), and put in a larger drive.

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple is giving me a new MacBook...
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 19, 2007 10:17PM
Awesome. You owe me....

And, most importantly, that laptop is considered a new purchase with respect to the warranty. Now pick up cheap Applecare from eBay or from LA Computer Company, and you will have a 3 year warranty on that.

LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: iaJim
Date: March 19, 2007 10:19PM
Replacement leader! Good for you.
Date: March 19, 2007 10:28PM
Applecare, don't keep a new Mac more than a year without it.

Oh no, I owe Racer X, maybe I'll overnight a Monster Stromboli to you, packed in dry ice of course. Pre made, just pop in the oven.

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 19, 2007 10:35PM
what problem did the fail to fix?

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 19, 2007 10:37PM
Stromboli Leader!
Date: March 19, 2007 10:51PM
I seem to have a recurring screen problem, it starts to flicker, mostly when adjusted, and sometimes randomly, at times it just flickers and stays dimmer. right now it seems to have gotten to the dimmer stage and stayed there, with a little flickering.

Posted by: jimbrady
Date: March 19, 2007 11:06PM
Yup, wouldn't ever bicker... Applecare is indefensible!.

Posted by: haikuman
Date: March 20, 2007 06:53AM

Strimboli LeaDeR ~!~ grinning smiley
Posted by: Donkey Hotay
Date: March 20, 2007 09:06AM
That pit in the foreground? Pompeii, my man, Pompeii.

=DH
Donkey (Ye Olde Farte of ye Internette) Hotay is a Tilted Windmill® enterprise.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 20, 2007 03:18PM
No, Beagle 2 is at the bottom of that crater..........it caused it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020