advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
AAPL down near $20 from most recent high - time to buy
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 13, 2021 11:46AM
AAPL is down $17 from its early September high of around $157. Any bargain hunters out there?

It is what it is.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: AAPL down near $20 from most recent high - time to buy
Posted by: freeradical
Date: October 13, 2021 11:50AM
This is true for the market in general.
Posted by: Billybob
Date: October 13, 2021 01:42PM
Depends on whether you are a trader or investor. I have no advice for traders, but if investing and you have some cash on hand, sure. I might put in a limit order for $135-139, but even at $140 AAPL is a good buy. Unless the economy totally craters, AAPL will reach a new high (probably in 2022 if not sooner).

I'd consider buying, but I'm already way overweight in AAPL. I managed to transfer some to my charitable-giving account right below $157. I probably should have transferred more (coulda, shoulda, woulda...). Lol, that's the closest I've ever come to timing the market right.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: October 13, 2021 08:21PM
If I wasn’t going to invest in Tesla, I would be all in on Apple at this time, especially with this dip. I think Apple is poised to make a big run here thanks to their M1 chips and other advancements. It will only be a question of how much they can produce.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 13, 2021 08:38PM
Buy on the rumor, sell on the news. The rumor is there will be great machines announced but when it turns out they are even greater than the rumor, AAPL will plunge.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: October 13, 2021 10:16PM
200 day support is ~135.
there are other historical support bumps in Jan Feb and Apr of '21.
and the sell $ is up the last couple days
I think there still may be a bit of downward trend to go.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: stephen
Date: October 13, 2021 11:02PM
Billybob
I'd consider buying, but I'm already way overweight in AAPL. I managed to transfer some to my charitable-giving account right below $157. I probably should have transferred more (coulda, shoulda, woulda...). Lol, that's the closest I've ever come to timing the market right.

I just opened a charitable giving account for this very reason. I'm going to transfer AAPL stock that has appreciated 58,000%.

As you know, you can then repurchase that stock and have a higher cost basis.

I'm going to donate one-fourth of this year's stock contributions at a time, a clunky attempt at dollar cost averaging. I just transferred some at $142.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 104
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020