advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
New trailer for the Peter Jackson 'Let it Be' Beatles movie is out - DAMN! this is gonna be good
Posted by: hal
Date: October 13, 2021 12:37PM
[www.youtube.com]

It's looking like a long form 3 part thingie - can't wait!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New trailer for the Peter Jackson 'Let it Be' Beatles movie is out - DAMN! this is gonna be good
Posted by: freeradical
Date: October 13, 2021 12:57PM
3 Parts!

Groan...
Re: New trailer for the Peter Jackson 'Let it Be' Beatles movie is out - DAMN! this is gonna be good
Posted by: spacescape
Date: October 13, 2021 01:18PM
Yay.......
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 13, 2021 01:32PM
hal
It's looking like a long form 3 part thingie

Vera, Chuck and Dave
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 13, 2021 01:42PM
I was wondering the other day whether this will be better than if Ken Burns had done it.

Interesting "what if" question: What if Jackson uses CGI to make the Fab Four look like Hobbits? smiley-laughing001

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2021 01:44PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: October 13, 2021 02:04PM
N-OS X-tasy!
I was wondering the other day whether this will be better than if Ken Burns had done it.

Interesting "what if" question: What if Jackson uses CGI to make the Fab Four look like Hobbits? smiley-laughing001

Paul McCartney as a Hobbit

George Harrison as a Wizard

John Lennon as an Elf

Ringo Starr as a Dwarf

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: wurm
Date: October 13, 2021 03:05PM
Damn. I can't wait.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: October 13, 2021 03:08PM
I stand in utter silence, in a salute to sheer brilliance.

Thrift Store Scott
N-OS X-tasy!

John Lennon as an Elf

Ringo Starr as a Dwarf
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: October 13, 2021 03:47PM
Love those Liverpudlian accents

My daily record blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]
Subscribe here: [www.getrevue.co]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 13, 2021 04:13PM
Thrift Store Scott

John Lennon as an Elf

Ringo Starr as a Dwarf

They won't need much CGI for Ringo. winking smiley

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 13, 2021 04:21PM
....waiting for the 'Lady Bug' movie......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 13, 2021 04:25PM

What emerges is an unbelievably intimate portrait of The Beatles, showing how, with their backs against the wall, they could still rely on their friendship, good humor, and creative genius.

And oh by the way they broke up after this.

We have Disney+, so I'll for sure be seeing this.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 13, 2021 05:30PM
That is going to be incredible.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 13, 2021 05:45PM
George's rosewood Tele!

Yes, I'll be subscribing to Disney+ for this.
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: October 13, 2021 06:05PM
Cannot wait!!!
Posted by: JoeM
Date: October 13, 2021 07:20PM
I watched it today. It was so amazing to see the lads in their prime after all these years, like being in a time machine. Their abilities as musicians really stand out for me now, more so than it did back at that time. The songs also impress me more today, I guess because of the amount of amazing music that was constantly being released at that time.

JoeM
Date: October 13, 2021 07:29PM
JoeM, is it in fact a three-parter? How long is each part and are they releasing them all at once?
Date: October 13, 2021 07:36PM
wurm
JoeM, is it in fact a three-parter? How long is each part and are they releasing them all at once?

I may be mistaken but I think I heard it was 6 hours total so I'm guessing 3 2 hour segments.

JoeM
Date: October 13, 2021 07:49PM
Thanks. I thought i remember hearing something like that, too. Wasn't sure since you said you already saw it.
Date: October 13, 2021 08:04PM
wurm
Thanks. I thought i remember hearing something like that, too. Wasn't sure since you said you already saw it.

wurm, I only saw the trailer today. I read they will release it over three days, November 25-27, only on Disney+.

JoeM
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 13, 2021 08:38PM
The only thing that gives me hope for anything Peter Jackson does anymore is the fact that he did this:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 13, 2021 08:51PM
This will hopefully wash the bad taste of the original Let It Be out of my mouth.
Date: October 13, 2021 10:17PM
JoeM
wurm

wurm, I only saw the trailer today. I read they will release it over three days, November 25-27, only on Disney+.

Ah, jeez...I totally misinterpreted what you wrote. Sorry. I thought maybe with your connections you somehow saw an advanced viewing. Guess we'll all be enthralled at the same time. smiling smiley
New trailer for the Peter Jackson 'The Beatles: Get Back' movie is out - DAMN! this is gonna be good
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 14, 2021 04:14AM
I want it to be good, Jackson is an unknown element to me.

Hopeful, but I haven't seen anything he's done that tells me this will be good.

But I'm a Beatles fan (not fanatic) so I'll tune in.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: d4
Date: October 14, 2021 07:14AM
Just finished Ted Lasso Season2 on AppleTV. Will be switching over to Disney+ to catch up and wait in anticipation.
That trailer looks awesome. Thanks for posting this.

Re: New trailer for the Peter Jackson 'The Beatles: Get Back' movie is out - DAMN! this is gonna be good
Date: October 14, 2021 07:16AM
RAMd®d
I want it to be good, Jackson is an unknown element to me.

Hopeful, but I haven't seen anything he's done that tells me this will be good.

But I'm a Beatles fan (not fanatic) so I'll tune in.

I have hope. According to Jackson he originally intended to edit it into a movie but after viewing all 6 hours felt he couldn’t cut anything out, hence the 3 part 2 hour presentation of all the film they took. I’d pay to watch all 6 hours of rough footage, unedited. I’m hoping he intends to keep it close to what they shot.

JoeM
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 14, 2021 12:39PM
It'll be good. It's novel and I'm sure it'll provide insight into their creative processes and of course aspects of their relationships. We'd enjoy the raw footage.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 14, 2021 09:12PM
Ok, I'm in!

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: October 15, 2021 05:09AM
The Beatles are like baseball for me. Not a fan, but I'll watch a movie about them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020