AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
L.A. vs S.F. The most important game they've ever played against one another
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 14, 2021 07:56PM
San Francisco is gonna San Francisco''

i love san francisco so much shhhhhh

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: L.A. vs S.F. The most important game they've ever played against one another
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 14, 2021 08:02PM
Is that to park your bike?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: L.A. vs S.F. The most important game they've ever played against one another
Posted by: Forrest
Date: October 14, 2021 08:05PM
Did the decimal point fall off the sign?

I thought the $20 daily parking fee for Disney World was bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2021 08:06PM by Forrest.
Date: October 14, 2021 08:12PM
Forrest

Lots of gouging. I'm sure there is some cheaper parking further away. There are already varying parking meters in the area that raise prices during gametime. They don't have a parking lot.
Posted by: davester
Date: October 14, 2021 08:27PM
What kind of crazy person would actually try to drive their car there? BART and Muni (or a bike) are sooo much better.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Date: October 14, 2021 08:30PM
davester
What kind of crazy person would actually try to drive their car there? BART and Muni (or a bike) are sooo much better.

A lot of people won't use BART or Muni or Cal Train right now. They'll get back to it soon.
Date: October 14, 2021 09:47PM
Woot!!
Posted by: steve...
Date: October 14, 2021 09:49PM
Cool: T-mobile base cam at 2nd..

Northern California Coast
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 14, 2021 09:52PM
Forrest

If you're willing to pay $1500 for a bleacher seat another 2 spot won't seem like much. Do you think those parking attendants get many tips?
Date: October 14, 2021 09:57PM
Ugh!
Date: October 14, 2021 11:26PM
Yes!
Date: October 14, 2021 11:30PM
Congrats Vis.

Mookie: 4 for 4! banghead smiley
Posted by: hal
Date: October 14, 2021 11:32PM
that was a classic series - an error in the bottom of the 9th to make it interesting - a shame it had to end on a crappy call, but tip o the hat to the dodgers. That first run was pure baseball. Those were two damned good teams.
Date: October 14, 2021 11:33PM
RgrF
Congrats Vis.

Mookie: 4 for 4! banghead smiley

He was on fire. He learned Webb from the last time.
Date: October 15, 2021 12:12AM
The punch out on a check swing was a terrible call. baseball bat smiley
Date: October 15, 2021 12:27AM
RgrF
The punch out on a check swing was a terrible call. baseball bat smiley

Definitely a bad call. But the Giants were on the ropes.
Posted by: Microman
Date: October 15, 2021 09:52AM
Disneyland is $25 for parking
Posted by: raz
Date: October 15, 2021 10:11AM
Let's be honest

Someone found and posted the highest price they could fine. Kind of like when the evening news posts the $4.99.9 gas price at the only one gas station in the city center.

And, I'd argue that the Bobby Thompson game was just as important.

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Posted by: davester
Date: October 15, 2021 10:34AM
Perhaps this is the one where the parking attendant provides a happy ending.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: hal
Date: October 15, 2021 11:00AM
found on twitter:

'I just watched a Giants fan shake a beer for five minutes and then handed it to a Dodgers fan.'

hahaha!
Posted by: timg
Date: October 15, 2021 12:05PM
A fitting end to the series. The officiating in this series was terrible from the start, so it makes sense it would end with a terrible call.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Microman
Date: October 15, 2021 12:07PM
Example of calls: As per my Sports Expert, there was a NO CALL that got us into the playoff game, and then the CALL that ended the game.

Date: October 15, 2021 12:15PM
timg
A fitting end to the series. The officiating in this series was terrible from the start, so it makes sense it would end with a terrible call.

If I'm not mistaken, Flores was something like 0-35 against Scherzer. I wasn't too worried about him.
Date: October 15, 2021 12:17PM
Gee now, would you suspect the Dodgers, defending champs and 2nd largest TV market in the country, were predestined to advance? devil smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2021 12:18PM by RgrF.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 15, 2021 12:53PM
davester

The Happiest Ending on Earth! smiley-laughing001

It is what it is.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 15, 2021 12:54PM
vision63
timg

If I'm not mistaken, Flores was something like 0-35 against Scherzer. I wasn't too worried about him.

I remember it being 0-17... but, yeah. Pretty sure Scherzer was gonna get the out anyway.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: October 15, 2021 12:58PM
N-OS X-tasy!
vision63
timg

I remember it being 0-17... but, yeah. Pretty sure Scherzer was gonna get the out anyway.

Yea, seemed like a weird decision not to pinch hit for him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2021 12:58PM by Gareth.
Date: October 15, 2021 01:11PM
N-OS X-tasy!
vision63
timg

If it's the Giants, just go ahead and double it.
Posted by: timg
Date: October 15, 2021 04:53PM
vision63
timg

I didn't think he was going to do much either, but at least give him the chance.

Scherzer definitely owns him.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 15, 2021 10:28PM
N-OS X-tasy!
davester

The Happiest Ending on Earth! smiley-laughing001

Full release on the vehicle …
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 183
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020