advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Question about Air Tags
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 19, 2021 12:13PM
I'm thinking of putting an Air Tag discreetly in my guitar case so I have a fighting chance of tracking it if stolen.

I'm imagining using some sort of double sided adhesive tape to stick the tag inside the guitar case somewhere. Maybe using an AT case like this:

Air Tag Case

Would covering up one side hinder the Air Tags tracking ability?

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Question about Air Tags
Posted by: Gareth
Date: October 19, 2021 12:35PM
There are lots of case options that are designed specifically to be attached to an object, i.e. [smile.amazon.com]
Posted by: datbeme
Date: October 19, 2021 12:46PM
Depends on your guitar case I guess, but I have one in the zippered compartment of my wallet (RFID no less) without issue.

I use similar holders for my keys (you can usually get a 4 pack for less than $10), but it doesn't really add any utility for what you describe. Maybe just wrap the tag in a piece of fabric that blends with the interior of your case and attach with velcro or strong double-sided tape?
Date: October 19, 2021 01:04PM
Gareth
There are lots of case options that are designed specifically to be attached to an object, i.e. [smile.amazon.com]

Thank you! That would be perfect. Don't know why it didn't come up in my Air Tag search. I order a lot of dog related items; the majority of what the Amazon algorithm showed me was dog collar related.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 19, 2021 02:28PM
I've looked into this for bikes. Generally speaking, airtags aren't designed for tracking stolen items and there's some ambiguity whether they'd work well at it.....which is annoying, as best I can tell they should work just fine so long as you understand the limits of the technology.

I think its a good idea of figuring out a non conspicuous manner of attaching it. A simple keyring might be discarded instantly after a cursory glance.

Date: October 19, 2021 03:58PM
mattkime

I think its a good idea of figuring out a non conspicuous manner of attaching it. A simple keyring might be discarded instantly after a cursory glance.

already found a good spot inside the case for it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 135
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020