The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Wait. WHAT? But I bought AppleCare…
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: October 20, 2021 03:19AM
Say what?

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wait. WHAT? But I bought AppleCare…
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 20, 2021 07:40AM
That is really awesome, and I recommend everyone do it. Google has a smiliar thing. Where are your passwords ? Will your heirs be able to access them ?

My sisters did a great job of preparing for this, and when Mom died we had all her accounts, passwords, etc.. It's made the estate process a lot easier.

I'll also note that in the event you are incapacitated, how will your bills get paid ? When I went splat in 2000, my wife didn't even know the password to my Palm Pilot, and could not access my passwords. Fortunately my sister was able to figure it out for her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2021 07:42AM by cbelt3.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 20, 2021 07:43AM
cbelt3
That is really awesome, and I recommend everyone do it. Google has a smiliar thing. Where are your passwords ? Will your heirs be able to access them ?

My sisters did a great job of preparing for this, and when Mom died we had all her accounts, passwords, etc.. It's made the estate process a lot easier.

I'll also note that in the event you are incapacitated, how will your bills get paid ? When I went splat in 2000, my wife didn't even know the password to my Palm Pilot, and could not access my passwords. Fortunately my sister was able to figure it out for her.

What, you are anticipating the glorious event coming later this year?!
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 20, 2021 08:10AM
Your Apple Watch's health features can notify your loved ones of your ascension in real time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2021 08:10AM by Acer.
Posted by: raz
Date: October 20, 2021 08:30AM
Acer
Your Apple Watch's health features can notify your loved ones of your ascension in real time!

In iOS 16, you'll get a different notification if your loved one goes down instead. The graphics are supposed to be sinfully good.

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 20, 2021 09:21AM
Legacy Contacts?

Awesome idea. When my brother died in 2018 I wanted to know if there was anything in his Apple account that would help me settle his estate since there was no will. The best Apple would do after I submitted the needed paperwork was erase his account altogether.

About a year or more later I stumbled upon his iCloud password. Way too late.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: October 20, 2021 09:29AM
Speaking as someone whose life-long friend died last year, and has been trying to help his widow get everything in place since, I very very highly recommend this.

As soon as it is available, I'll be setting it up for myself.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 20, 2021 10:05AM
I'm also remembering how we learned about The Lope reaching equilibrium
[forums.macresource.com]
Posted by: chopper
Date: October 20, 2021 10:10AM
Palm Pilot!!!!!!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 20, 2021 10:38AM
I keep a record of all my usernames and passwords with my will, POA, etc papers. Both my wife and son know where everything is.

But I will definitely take advantage of legacy too.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 20, 2021 11:37AM
cbelt3
I'm also remembering how we learned about The Lope reaching equilibrium
[forums.macresource.com]
Too bad the pic is gone. I had an external drive go dead and I think all my old old iphone pics died with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020