advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
like dust in the wind?!....another original cast member on behemoth TV franchise exits *spoiler*.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 21, 2021 08:20AM
.....Jesse Spencer on 'Chicago Fire' (after 10 seasons).....it was 'teased' but some thought it might be misdirect (as they often do with promos).....

Chicago Fire Star, EP Talk [Spoiler]'s Exit in 200th Episode ('It Was a Difficult Decision') — and a Possible Return

....Chicago Fire officially has a vacancy to fill on Truck 81 following Wednesday’s milestone 200th episode: Leading man Jesse Spencer has exited the NBC drama after playing Captain Matthew Casey for 10 seasons.

The actor has starred on the firefighter drama since its 2012 debut and was one of six remaining series regulars from the first season. (The others are Taylor Kinney, David Eigenberg, Eamonn Walker, Christian Stolte and Joe Minoso.) But after going from eight years on Fox’s House straight into Fire, Spencer is ready for a break and to put his focus elsewhere.

“I realized I’ve been doing TV for a long time. I added it up, and I think this year is my 18th year of network television,” Spencer told reporters during a Zoom press conference. “I called [showrunner] Derek [Haas] and broke him the news, said I thought it was time to leave the show, and he agreed that we should at least get Casey to 200 episodes. It was a difficult decision because I’ve loved the show from the start, but there are other things that I would like to do in the future, and there’s some family that I need to take care of, and 18 years is a long time.”

“I was, of course, wanting to talk Jesse into staying and coming back,” Haas added. “But I was very happy that he gave us five more episodes than just saying at the end of a season, which happens sometimes, too, like, ‘I’m out.’ That let us bring back a storyline from Season 1, which I know Jesse was excited about when we pitched it to him, to bring back the Darden boys and really tie in the pilot to Jesse’s leaving.”

In the 200th installment, Casey told his friends and colleagues at the firehouse that he was moving to Oregon to take care of his late best friend Andy Darden’s sons (at least until Ben gets into college in three years). The life-changing decision made for a “perfect full-circle [moment] and a really reasonable way for Casey to, organically, leave the show,” especially since the firefighter has always wanted to be a father, Spencer said. And after just one call from Deputy District Chief Boden, Casey already had a job lined up with the Portland Fire Department.

In bidding adieu to the Windy City, Casey shared several goodbyes with his firehouse crew and was on the receiving end of a thoughtful speech from Boden (after which the show’s OG firefighters embraced Casey in a group hug). Haas put all of his own feelings about Spencer’s departure into Boden’s words, “so that was a really difficult scene to write,” Haas shared. “Jesse meant so much to me. I wanted to end the episode with that.”

Casey, meanwhile, means a lot to Brett and vice versa, so naturally, he tried to convince her to come to Oregon with him. But his girlfriend was not ready to leave behind the paramedicine program she had just launched. Rather than breaking up, the couple decided to give a long-distance relationship a try, with Casey vowing, “Nothing’s gonna change.” (Famous last words, much?)

After building up to “Brettsey” for three seasons, Spencer admitted that the timing of his exit was unfortunate in regards to the will they/won’t they romance. “We just finally just got there,” he said. “It was difficult because I really like Kara [Killmer, who plays Brett]. We’ve established a really, really nice relationship. I loved working with her… But it was written really well into the episode, because they’re trying to make this relationship work, but they know that he’s leaving. So they’re sort of saying nothing is going to change, but…”......

another one bites.........the dust.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2021 10:23AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: gone for good?!....another original cast member on behemoth TV franchise exits *spoiler*.....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 21, 2021 08:53AM
He and his wife live in Chicago, and the franchise said any time he wants to come back, even for just an episode, they will move mountains to accommodate him. Like for Stella and Kelly's wedding. or Stella's promotion to LT.

He has worked non-stop for the entire run of House, and straight into Chicago Fire for 200 episodes/10 years

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2021 08:54AM by Racer X.
Re: gone for good?!....another original cast member on behemoth TV franchise exits *spoiler*.....
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 21, 2021 02:35PM
"I’m stepping away but I’ll be back.”

[hollywoodlife.com]

I liked him in House, but didn't care much for the Chicago franchises and never watch Fire.

Nice to know he's got an open ticket to return.

Good on him.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 22, 2021 03:27AM
I can't quite comprehend that he has been doing drama TV shows nonstop for 18ish years.

That's brutal.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 67
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020