advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
much too much?!....neighbor is an alcoholic.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 22, 2021 08:51AM
.....for years now but this week is out of control.....normally, 3-4 six-packs of beer every 2-3 days....sometimes there will be 1-2 weeks of nothing then a 'binge'......

This week so far (and the week isn't over):

3 six-pack of canned beer
3 six-pack of bottled beer
6 bottles of sauvingnon blanc
3 bottles of vodka
1 cabernet

*(there is only 1 person in the apt, so there is no chance this is more than one person consuming this and the individual works from home, most of the time)

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2021 08:53AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: much too much?!....neighbor is alcoholic.....
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 22, 2021 08:55AM
Is this from seeing the empties? Maybe there's an accumulation from the "1-2 weeks of nothing" and the "binge" is getting around to cleaning up and putting out the recycling.
Re: much too much?!....neighbor is an alcoholic.....
Date: October 22, 2021 08:57AM
....the building has refuse room on each floor where everyone on each the floor leaves recyclables/garbage and this is usually picked up every 1-2 days (so you do see accumulation but it is emptied at least every other day)....

....the above list is left out every other day....so one day there will be 2 six packs and 2 wine bottles.....2 days later 2 six packs and 1 vodka......etc. He seems to place the empties out as he finishes them. (the list isn't dropped off all at once)....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2021 09:19AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 22, 2021 09:54AM
Never has guests?

My upstairs neighbors have parties every week. (And the floors/ceilings amplify every noise.) They sit on the empties until recycling day when they take out a giant pile of cardboard and stinky bags of unwashed bottles.

Two people drinking that much would be dead.

Date: October 22, 2021 09:57AM
....no guests (at least no parties).....one of my walls is adjacent to his so I can hear sounds (had to endure hearing him having sex on occasions)....

....one can also hear when his front door is opened so if people where coming in/out, one can hear it.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2021 09:59AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: October 22, 2021 10:50AM
Is there a high school nearby?

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 22, 2021 11:53AM
How is this anybody's elses business but his?

It is what it is.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: October 22, 2021 12:09PM
Pareto principle...
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: October 22, 2021 12:12PM
I'm very happy you are his neighbor and not mine.

Why do you care what your neighbor does? dunno smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: October 22, 2021 12:29PM
Rick-o

....well, I'm concerned [ I'm not posting to judge him nor am I spying on him. when I take out my garbage, I see all his empties there ], I don't know him well enough to do an 'intervention'......if I just 'let it go' as I have been doing, then one day, there will be an ambulance coming out of his apt.....

.....this isn't just drinking a little too much.....look at the list above, that is enough alcohol for a dozen fraternities......

....if this was you, would you prefer that no one took an interest and just let you die....???

.....do you have no empathy for your fellow man.....??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2021 12:35PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: raz
Date: October 22, 2021 12:43PM
How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb?

Only 1, but the bulb must want to change.

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: October 22, 2021 12:57PM
Coors Light? If so, it's pretty much canned semi-flavored water.
Date: October 22, 2021 12:58PM
....no, he likes lagers and none of the beer is 'light' beer......

Posted by: DP
Date: October 22, 2021 01:13PM
How is this anybody's elses business but his?

He might very well become dangerous to Newt. Reason enough.

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Date: October 22, 2021 01:16PM
NewtonMP2100
Rick-o

....well, I'm concerned [ I'm not posting to judge him nor am I spying on him. when I take out my garbage, I see all his empties there ], I don't know him well enough to do an 'intervention'......if I just 'let it go' as I have been doing, then one day, there will be an ambulance coming out of his apt.....

.....this isn't just drinking a little too much.....look at the list above, that is enough alcohol for a dozen fraternities......

....if this was you, would you prefer that no one took an interest and just let you die....???

Of course I do, Newton! Silly me - I'll be right over and we can go talk to him together! Maybe get in a verse or two of "Kumbaya" while we're at it!</s>

JFC. RollingEyesSmiley5

If you were serious about wanting to help him, you'd be over talking to him right now, not gossiping about his personal business here.

It is what it is.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: October 22, 2021 01:24PM
I see it a bit differently. It may be that Newt is looking for support or advice on what he can do, if anything.

From my perspective, the options range from nothing, to slipping some literature under the door, to calling the local AA chapter and seeing if they have any recommendations.

So call it gossiping comes off to me as a bit harsh....

N-OS X-tasy!
NewtonMP2100
Rick-o

Of course I do, Newton! Silly me - I'll be right over and we can go talk to him together! Maybe get in a verse or two of "Kumbaya" while we're at it!</s>

JFC. RollingEyesSmiley5

If you were serious about wanting to help him, you'd be over talking to him right now, not gossiping about his personal business here.
Date: October 22, 2021 01:27PM
N-OS X-tasy!

JFC. RollingEyesSmiley5

....hey, 'man child' how is this in any way gossiping....gossiping involves joy in others misery.....have I been mocking him or finding any joy is this.....???

.....do you just make stuff up as you go along without listening to what is coming out of your mouth.....??

.....the issue is some people react violently to 'confrontation'....if I go over there, he may beat me up or just say 'mind your own business'......

....you really are not a very nice person are you......I bet you are really fun at parties.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2021 01:28PM by NewtonMP2100.
Date: October 22, 2021 01:30PM
anonymouse1
I see it a bit differently. It may be that Newt is looking for support or advice on what he can do, if anything.

I don't see anything in his (her?) post that even hints at that. Yours is a very generous interpretation.

It is what it is.
Date: October 22, 2021 01:38PM
N-OS X-tasy!
anonymouse1

I don't see anything in his (her?) post that even hints at that. Yours is a very generous interpretation.

.....people with darkness in their heart....see darkness all around them......misery love company as they say......

.....so the whole point was to post this to make fun of my alcoholic neighbor.....???

....I guess we all see the real you now....for those we didn't see it before....

Date: October 22, 2021 01:38PM
NewtonMP2100
N-OS X-tasy!

JFC. RollingEyesSmiley5

....hey, 'man child' how is this in any way gossiping....gossiping involves joy in others misery.....have I been mocking him or finding any joy is this.....???

.....do you just make stuff up as you go along without listening to what is coming out of your mouth.....??

.....the issue is some people react violently to 'confrontation'....if I go over there, he may beat me up or just say 'mind your own business'......

....you really are not a very nice person are you......I bet you are really fun at parties.....

That is not the definition of gossip - this is the definition of gossip: [www.dictionary.com]
  • noun: a person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others
  • verb: to relate gossip
Calling me baseless names doesn't do anything to strengthen your position, either.

It's unfortunate you are unable to comprehend how inappropriate it is to discuss this individual's personal business here, especially behavior of this nature. Perhaps you should spend time contemplating that instead of calling me names.

It is what it is.
Date: October 22, 2021 01:42PM
....right so I mentioned this person's name and where he lives and what he does for a living.....you could pick this person out from a crowd and send him a letter right now.....

....you are one of those people who have 'alternate facts'....and you make stuff up as you go along....in your bizarro world.....that how you see things and no one will change that for sure......

....here is another example of your revisionist mind set.....look above....what name did I exactly call you.....I don't seem to remember nor do I see any wording in which I called you a 'name'.....I said you are not nice person....that isn't calling someone a name.....

Date: October 22, 2021 02:02PM
Whatever you say, Newt.

It is what it is.
Posted by: mrp-admin
Date: October 22, 2021 02:03PM
And this thread is now locked. Everybody behave, please. Removing the last two comments.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020