advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RIP: Peter Scolari [ actor ] at 66 [ link added ].....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 22, 2021 10:49AM
......2 year battle with cancer, passed away this morning......'Bosom Buddies'......'Newhart'.......

....the news is just breaking so could not find article to link yet.....

Peter Scolari, Bosom Buddies and Newhart Actor, Dead at 66

.....Emmy-winning actor Peter Scolari, known for his work on Bosom Buddies and Newhart, died Friday at the age of 66 following a battle with cancer.

After appearing on series like the short-lived ABC sitcom Goodtime Girls, Scolari’s long TV career truly began with ABC’s Bosom Buddies (1980-82), where he co-starred as Henry Desmond (aka Hildegarde) opposite Tom Hanks’ Kip Wilson (aka Buffy). Two years after Bosom Buddies ended, Scolari followed that up with an Emmy-nominated turn as TV producer Michael Harris on Newhart, which earned him three consecutive nods for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.

Scolari ultimately took home Emmy gold for his guest role on HBO’s Girls, playing Tad Horvath, the father of Lena Dunham’s Hannah. But his considerable résumé also included appearances on Ally McBeal, White Collar, Reba, The West Wing, ER, Blue Bloods and Gotham, among many others. Most recently, he recurred on the CBS-turned-Paramount+ horror drama Evil, portraying Bishop Thomas Marx in multiple Season 1 and Season 2 episodes. (His last appearance, in the installment “I Is for IRS,” just occurred on Sept. 26.)

The actor was also a veteran of the stage, appearing in Broadway shows such as Wicked, Hairspray and the play Sly Fox. The 2013 Nora Ephron play Lucky Guy reunited Scolari with Hanks, who starred as journalist Mike McAlary.

RIP.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2021 11:40AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RIP: Peter Scolari [ actor ] at 66.....
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 22, 2021 11:31AM
Oh no. I have a huge crush on him. That stinks.
Re: RIP: Peter Scolari [ actor ] at 66 [ link added ].....
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 22, 2021 11:51AM
Wow. So young still. RIP, sir.

When Bosom Buddies was airing I was certain that, between Hanks and Scolari, it would be the latter that would achieve major stardom. We all know how that worked out. Funny how the chips fall sometimes.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: October 22, 2021 12:24PM
N-OS X-tasy!
When Bosom Buddies was airing I was certain that, between Hanks and Scolari, it would be the latter that would achieve major stardom. We all know how that worked out. Funny how the chips fall sometimes.

No kidding. I loved Bosom Buddies but never guessed that Tom Hanks would become the Jimmy Stewart of our generation.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 22, 2021 12:43PM
Mike Sellers
N-OS X-tasy!

No kidding. I loved Bosom Buddies but never guessed that Tom Hanks would become the Jimmy Stewart of our generation.

Same. Geez, I am sadder than I thought I'd be about someone who I haven't seen on tv for 35 years.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: October 22, 2021 12:50PM
Goodbye, good sir, and thanks for all the laughs through the years.
RIP.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: October 22, 2021 01:17PM
Damn! He was a good bit younger than I would have thought, given how long ago he was doing Newhart and Bosom Buddies!

Still way too young to go. :-(

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 92
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020