advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Just got my Moderna Booster
Posted by: cyclemax
Date: October 22, 2021 04:52PM
Walgreens started taking appointments today. Signed up late last night. All time slots were open. My store only has Moderna. Will also give to those that had the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. They were so swamped with walk-ins that they will now only do them by appointment. I had a 4:30 appointment. Got my shot at 4:40 pm. Now the wait and see how my body reacts to it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Just got my Moderna Booster
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 22, 2021 05:07PM
cyclemax
Walgreens started taking appointments today. Signed up late last night. All time slots were open. My store only has Moderna. Will also give to those that had the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. They were so swamped with walk-ins that they will now only do them by appointment. I had a 4:30 appointment. Got my shot at 4:40 pm. Now the wait and see how my body reacts to it.

Exact same thing for my Mom, I booked an online appointment for her late last night, must have been just after they started allowing them, the schedule was wide open. When I check today the earliest appointment is next Tuesday.

Local store was also Moderna only, I had checked with them earlier in the week to see if they could do the booster and that's when I was told that they only carry Moderna (which was my Mom's first two doses too).
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 22, 2021 05:10PM
The systems are usually fully automated, and new appointments show up automatically at midnight.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 22, 2021 05:49PM
Just booked for next Tuesday across the street at Publix.
I need to get my mom an appointment but her health center doesn’t have then yet. RollingEyesSmiley5
Her local CVS only seems to have the Pfizer right now.
Hopefully the health dept will get some next week and I can get her an appointment.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 22, 2021 05:52PM
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 22, 2021 07:32PM
Just got mine.

Moderna on top of J&J.

Really really good part: I asked for the full dose Moderna instead of the half-dose booster. The pharmacist wasn't sure that was okay, but he ran it and the computer approved it.

Here's hoping for a mild fever and aches on Sunday!! (To demonstrate a healthy immune-response.)

...Don't forget to bring your original vaccine-card. I almost got turned away, but I had the certificate with the bar code from my state's health-system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2021 07:33PM by Sarcany.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 22, 2021 08:07PM
Today I cancelled my full dose of Moderna scheduled for tomorrow at CVS because it would have been my fourth dose although my state and CVS believe I have only had one dose (a month ago) because my first two doses were in a different state at a county-run clinic last winter. The pharmacist asked no questions, he just thanked me for letting them know. I will probably get my next dose in five months or so.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: dk62
Date: October 22, 2021 08:35PM
Speedy
Today I cancelled my full dose of Moderna scheduled for tomorrow at CVS because it would have been my fourth dose although my state and CVS believe I have only had one dose (a month ago) because my first two doses were in a different state at a county-run clinic last winter. The pharmacist asked no questions, he just thanked me for letting them know. I will probably get my next dose in five months or so.

Exactly my experience.Just a different pharmacy chain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2021 08:36PM by dk62.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 22, 2021 08:45PM
Welcome to the Three for Three Club!

Congratulations!

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Don C
Date: October 22, 2021 09:46PM
I had no effects beyond very mile soreness when I got my booster the day after they opened them up to over 65's. All three were Pfizer. Adds a level of comfort and a probably inappropriate feeling of invincibility.

Yesterday was the second pneumonia shot. Did not think about it again until my trainer noticed the bandaid that I have forgotten to remove.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 22, 2021 09:46PM
Sarcany
Just got mine.

Moderna on top of J&J.

Really really good part: I asked for the full dose Moderna instead of the half-dose booster. The pharmacist wasn't sure that was okay, but he ran it and the computer approved it.

Here's hoping for a mild fever and aches on Sunday!! (To demonstrate a healthy immune-response.)

...Don't forget to bring your original vaccine-card. I almost got turned away, but I had the certificate with the bar code from my state's health-system.

I actually forgot mine, but they gave me my third vaccine anyway.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 22, 2021 10:19PM
I had no effects beyond very mile soreness when I got my booster the day after they opened them up to over 65's. All three were Pfizer. Adds a level of comfort and a probably inappropriate feeling of invincibility.

LOL, I call it 'bulletproofing' to my friends.

I forgot my V-Card but they had my records on file, and just gave me a new card.

Both of my arms were slightly more sore than my first to Pfizers, but this last Pfizer and the flu shot were given noticeably higher on my arm, and I'm now thinking that's why the additional soreness.

All absolutely gone on the morning of the second day.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: October 23, 2021 08:11AM
Woot! Woot!

hamster dance

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: October 23, 2021 04:22PM
I've been advised to take the "immunocompromised" avenue to a booster. My 6 month date was just a few days ago. We're out of town next week, but as soon as I get back...I am on it.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Randalls
Date: October 23, 2021 06:48PM
Thanks for the post. Was going to book Costco but their 3rd party on line registration is terrible so logged our appointments with Walgreen’s for this afternoon in a smaller town close to us. Easy peasy. They also advertise free drive up testing with results in 24 hrs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 1166
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020