Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Reminder Thnksgvng Nov 25th
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 25, 2021 12:59PM
Laying out the timeline

Thanksgiving is November 25th. So that means Black Friday is officially Friday November 26. (Hanukkah begins on Sunday Nov 28, BTW)

That means there will be about a whole shopping month before most celebrate Christmas.

25 days between Halloween and Thanksgiving. From a former ad-writer's point of view, this whole timeline looks interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2021 01:00PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Reminder Thnksgvng Nov 25th
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 25, 2021 01:06PM
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will return to a traditional route and public viewing in 2021

The annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will be a lot more like its old self in 2021, with a return to a more traditional route and the public lining the streets of Manhattan to watch.

What will be different from the long string of pre-pandemic parades: Face masks and mandates that volunteer participants and staff will be vaccinated, with few exceptions.
The exceptions, organizers said, "may be made at the sole discretion of Macy's and its medical consultant based on select extenuating circumstances," a release from Macy's on Wednesday said.
For those instances, Macy's medical consultants will conduct Covid-19 testing, the release said.

Regardless of vaccination status, all participants and staff will wear face coverings and warranted protective equipment during the November 25 event.

In 2020, the parade was for a TV-only crowd and the route was shortened to the area around the Macy's flagship store at Herald Square.
-
Additionally, the overall number of participants will be reduced from 10% to 20%. Social distancing practices will be in place.

Performances by marching bands, cheer groups and specialty groups slated for 2020 will go forward this year, organizers said.
Giant character balloons are back. The return of the Macy's balloon inflation event is "under consideration," the release said.

Public viewing locations, entry guidelines and restrictions will be announced in November, the release said.

addl annual bonus->'No matt lauer'
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 25, 2021 03:16PM
I think it will just be the three of us here for Thanksgiving again this year. ;-( We like having others over but.......

Grateful11
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 25, 2021 03:21PM
Meh, the shelves will be bare.
Posted by: DP
Date: October 25, 2021 04:56PM

My first thought...

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: rz
Date: October 25, 2021 07:41PM
p8712

Shelves? Who goes out to a store on BF?

Well, actually I still do. I buy a crap-ton of cat litter because, well, we use a crap-ton of litter (4 cats, was 5 until recently). But most of my BF buys over the last few years have all been online purchases.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020