advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Speaking of The Movies...
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 26, 2021 05:57AM
I recently posted about the excessive volume levels and poor quality of the dialog of No Time to Die in a local Regal IMAX theater.

I sent an email to the theater about my unpleasant experience, and as expected, heard nothing back.

Over the weekend I looked up the email address of General Quality Control IMAX Corp., and sent them the same email.

In the email I detailed the audio problems and mentioned I'd try once more, and if the volume was still too loud, I'd record it with the Noise app on my watch, and file a complaint with the Alameda County Health Department.

Today (Monday), I got a reply from a rep at CQG IMAX Corp.

Some of it is boilerplate and 'handling', but there may be some actual action taken to mitigate the problem.

He said theater staff are instructed to lower the volume in the event of a patron's complaint, but I'm not sure that would really happen, though I admit I didn't bring it up on leaving theater.

He did say he's instructed the staff to lower the volume by 3dB (a significant amount) until 'their team' can check out the audio system.

He ended with the standard 'thank you for bringing this to our attention... It's not our intent... We make every effort... yadda yadda... All the Best and welcome back to the movies'.

So I'll see Dune in theater and maybe go back for No Time to Die, if Dune's audio is acceptable.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

It hadn't occurred to me when writing either email, but when reading the reply I did think 'ya know, it would be nice if I got a free pass to an IMAX show, to see 'he/they' mean business.

But no, lol.

A lot of complaints may be made just to get a ducat or two.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Speaking of The Movies...
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 26, 2021 06:35AM
I have a sound meter app on my Android I checked out our shooting range with. It will record peak volume.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Re: Speaking of The Movies...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 26, 2021 08:09AM
thumbs up

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020