advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bring on the National Guard. Reinstate the draft. The shortages have hit home...
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 26, 2021 06:39AM
[twitter.com]

It now looks that Europe has essentially run out of paper to print books on. Spent yesterday speaking to our factories and the story is the same throughout the continent. No paper now until the new year. @thebookseller @ipghq

smiley-excited001 bomb smiley

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bring on the National Guard. Reinstate the draft. The shortages have hit home...
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 26, 2021 06:47AM
"Let them use cake!"

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Re: Bring on the National Guard. Reinstate the draft. The shortages have hit home...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 26, 2021 06:49AM
....sometimes out of the blue....will feel a draft....then I realize I have a hole in my underwear and need new underwear......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: October 26, 2021 07:13AM

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 26, 2021 08:11AM
Well, the cheese eating surrender monkeys can wipe with their white flags.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 26, 2021 08:40AM
And the dematerializing continues apace thanks to COVID.

I’m almost paper-free, while my spouse is a teacher and paper is critical. For now at least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2021 08:41AM by sekker.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 26, 2021 09:06AM
The effects of this pandemic will be felt far and wide, and for years to be sure.

Just a reminder ... everyone might want to stock up on groceries, especially nonperishables. I am NOT advocating hoarding, stockpiling, or panic buying, but ... we don't know for sure that the shortages are temporary, nor that the prices will be coming down anytime soon. If anything, the signs seem to point to everything getting more expensive, not less.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: October 26, 2021 10:06AM
sekker

I’m almost paper-free, while my spouse is a teacher and paper is critical. For now at least.

The sooner they realize that paper is NOT critical, the better. There are so many digital tools available to replace paper and pencil even in math and science at all levels.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 26, 2021 10:08AM
C(-)ris
sekker

The sooner they realize that paper is NOT critical, the better. There are so many digital tools available to replace paper and pencil even in math and science at all levels.

FWIW.. there are a lot of uses for paper that do not include writing and reading. My company buys huge rolls of recycled paper of specific quality to turn into cellulose that is mixed into some of our products. Talk about industrial shredders.. wow.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: October 26, 2021 10:21AM
C(-)ris
sekker

It's the teachers that "have" to have paper... not the students. It's easy to get the students to stop using paper. Just turn off printing on the Chromebooks and they adapt in a about a day. Getting the TEACHER to adapt to not grading a physical paper? That takes years.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: MikeF
Date: October 26, 2021 11:35AM
Hopefully, the paper shortage lasts through the 2022 political campaigns so there won't be campaign posters all over the place. Especially since no politician has ever come back to remove them.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 26, 2021 12:34PM
Racer X

Nah, they've got bidets. thumbs up smiley
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 26, 2021 01:53PM
Racer X

Don't hold back Racer; tell us how you really feel! surrender
Posted by: August West
Date: October 26, 2021 04:45PM
And when there are electrical shortages, those digital replacements won't be looking so good. It's a very broad landscape that should change.

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Reinstate the draft.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 27, 2021 04:06PM
I think two years of mandatory national servitude is a good idea, no exceptions, save military service.

Bone spurs, that's OK, we'll find some actual work in actual service to America, for you, after a thorough medical examination, subsequent to a personal quack's recommendation.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020