advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iOS 15.1 and Safari on my iPhone
Posted by: Diana
Date: October 26, 2021 10:46AM
Recently upgraded to the “latest and greatest” and I must say that I’m a little underwhelmed with what I’ve encountered recently, specifically with Safari. I know that I haven’t really given it a good workout, and that I cannot go back, but it seems like this version was made for those that are proficient in thumbing everything. I have arthritis in my hands, and forcing them to do such is clumsy, slow, snd irritating to the point of just not going there or doing that.

I tend to leave pages open with the intention of going back to them later. Now, instead of pages looking and behaving more like a stack, they are laid out side-by-side, and if I hit them slightly sideways the pages close. I’ve lost several just this morning. Any ideas as to getting the old behavior back? I now have to either hold the phone more sideways to ensure I hit the screen head on, or twist my hand in uncomfortable positions to do what was easy before.

TIA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iOS 15.1 and Safari on my iPhone
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: October 26, 2021 11:04AM
In Settings>Safari>Select "Single Tab"
There are some other customization settings you might like.
Posted by: Diana
Date: October 26, 2021 11:07AM
I have single tab selected, and it is still doing it. Any other ideas?

For clarity, I’m talking about when I change from one page to another. I would normally hit the pages button (bottom far right, looks like two pages one on top of the other) and the open pages appear(ed) as a stack of papers, not individual ones laid out side-by-side. If I hit the pages wrong, they quickly disappear. I prefer the stack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2021 11:14AM by Diana.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: October 26, 2021 12:05PM
In tab bar, you can swipe the address bar to get you to the next tab. I find it very convenient.
Tab groups is another great feature. I took me a while to get my head around it, though.
I may be wrong, but the stack is gone now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2021 12:07PM by rich in distress.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: October 27, 2021 01:14AM
Why not just open new pages in tabs instead of new window? You can switch from tab to tab using the keyboard (command-shift-left or right arrow key).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020