advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Dune that 2 me one more time [ once is never enough ]?!.....'Dune: Part 2' officially greenlit (buTT)......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 26, 2021 02:02PM
.....but won't be out until 2023.....

‘Dune: Part 2’ Officially Greenlit, Release Date Set for 2023

.....“Dune” is officially getting a sequel.

Legendary Entertainment announced the news in a tweet on Tuesday, ensuring that the spice will continue to flow on screen. Warner Bros. will distribute the film and help finance it, though Legendary is the primary money behind the movie and owns the rights to the book series. The film is expected to have an exclusive theatrical run, and Legendary will likely make that point iron-clad after “Dune” debuted simultaneously in theaters and on HBO Max last week. The unorthodox distribution pattern was a pandemic-era concession by Warner Bros., but one that caused an uproar when it was unveiled in 2020. “Dune: Part 2” will hit theaters on Oct. 20, 2023.

The first part of the sci-fi epic, which opened Oct. 22 in the U.S., earned $41 million in ticket sales in its first weekend. That result was the best film opening of the year for Warner Bros. and a sign of fans’ desire to not only stream “Dune,” but see it on the big screen. The film has also performed well overseas, earning nearly $225 million globally. Domestically, its opening results were roughly in line with what Warner Bros. expected the film to generate when it was greenlit — that’s notable because that’s long before COVID-19 upended the media landscape.

A return to Arrakis was always part of the plan. Director Denis Villeneuve was adamant in interviews that his adaptation of Frank Herbert’s novel would have two parts. In fact, the film’s opening title sequence rather boldly read “Dune: Part 1.”

When interviewed by Variety at the Toronto Film Festival, Villeneuve said, “I wanted at the beginning to do the two parts simultaneously. For several reasons, it didn’t happen, and I agreed to the challenge of making part one and then wait to see if the movie rings enough enthusiasm… As I was doing the first part, I really put all my passion into it, in case it would be the only one. But I’m optimistic.”

There’s still a lot of story left to unfold. “Dune: Part 1” ends with Timothée Chalamet’s Paul Atreides, a Messianic figure at the heart of the series, seeking shelter from enemies in the desert. “Dune: Part 2” will follow his efforts to exact revenge against the noble families who murdered his father, Duke Leto Atreides, and restore himself to power.

WarnerMedia leadership also hinted at a part two in an interview with Variety on Thursday, with executive Ann Sarnoff saying that the greenlight would be based on “the entirety of what ‘Dune’ can do for the company, including HBO Max.”

“The story in itself sets up for a sequel. The production is so amazing and the storytelling is so compelling that it’s not going to be judged on box office alone,” Sarnoff said.......

you have to wait......2 years.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2021 02:07PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dune that 2 me one more time [ once is never enough ]?!.....'Dune: Part 2' officially greenlit (buTT)......
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 26, 2021 02:23PM
Glad it’s official but I am sorry it will be two years. RollingEyesSmiley5

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: Dune that 2 me one more time [ once is never enough ]?!.....'Dune: Part 2' officially greenlit (buTT)......
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: October 26, 2021 03:37PM
DUNE 2 MUAD'DIB BOOGALOO
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: October 26, 2021 10:27PM
Will Collier
DUNE 2 MUAD'DIB BOOGALOO

Lulz. You get +1 Internetz for the next 10 minutes. Use themz wisely.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 26, 2021 10:38PM
That makes me happy! But I wish they had done the human filming at the same time (Lord of the Rings style)

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: October 27, 2021 09:08AM
Lew Zealand
Will Collier
DUNE 2 MUAD'DIB BOOGALOO

Lulz. You get +1 Internetz for the next 10 minutes. Use themz wisely.

Typical, I'd already gone to bed by then and missed them. Story of my life...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020