advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Speaking of Firefly...
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 26, 2021 08:05PM
Does anybody know the exact order the episode order in which the episodes should be viewed?

I know that Fox aired them out of order.

There is some talk that Whedon changed the order on DVD to so that an alleged last episode was replaced by another episode that wasn't actually the last, because of emotional content, and that he's on record as saying Messages was supposed to be the last ep?!

There is a claim that the Wikipedia order (at least at the time of the post) was incorrect.

There is another claim that The Train Job, not Serenity 1&2 was meant to be the pilot.

I have no idea.

Oy!

[scifi.stackexchange.com]

The more I read, the less I know.

There is the Airing order, which we know was wrong.

There is the Production order, of which I'm not sure, as series are sometime shot out of order for logistical reasons.

There is Rando order in which various people interpret event chronology that favors a different chronological order.

And maybe a Retcon order orchestrated by Whedon himself.

I've only seen maybe three episodes, and would like to watch the show as Joss meant it to be seen, assuming there is such an order.

None of these may take into account flaws in story continuity that may make an episode look like it should be #5 when it was aired as #9, but was filmed to be #6, if there were any.

Is there the One True Viewing Order?

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Speaking of Firefly...
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 26, 2021 08:14PM
I don't know. But FOX aired the Train Job first, which had no context and it was a rear WTF? when it aired. Then 2 weeks of football, and aired at either a different time, or day, or both. Did that piss poor scheduling randomizer and killed the show.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 26, 2021 08:36PM
Someone on the forum has this information... I'm thinking Paul?

It is what it is.
Date: October 26, 2021 08:43PM
I've got the DVD set from the original run. But Whedon may have altered his recollection on things, much like George Lucas has done countless times. Even with a video clip of him saying something, and he still denied it.

The DVD set has 2 episodes that Fox never actually aired.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2021 08:44PM by Racer X.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 26, 2021 08:52PM
[firefly.fandom.com]
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: October 27, 2021 07:32AM
Racer X
I've got the DVD set from the original run. But Whedon may have altered his recollection on things, much like George Lucas has done countless times. Even with a video clip of him saying something, and he still denied it.

Are those episodes on Netflix/Amazon/Hulu? The idea of having two unwatched episodes of Firefly has me giddy with excitement.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2021 07:33AM by ztirffritz.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: October 27, 2021 09:04AM
AFAIK the order in the DVD set is "correct."

The Train Job was re-ordered as a first episode by the network and the original Serenity pilot episodes were pushed back. Dumb decision, but hardly the only one concerning that show.
Date: October 27, 2021 10:38AM
ztirffritz
Racer X

Are those episodes on Netflix/Amazon/Hulu? The idea of having two unwatched episodes of Firefly has me giddy with excitement.

I don't exactly remember, but FOX stopped airing the show with 2 episodes left unaired.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 27, 2021 10:41AM
....didn't Hans......shoot first.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: October 27, 2021 11:13AM
NewtonMP2100
....didn't Hans......shoot first.....??

Jayne probably did, while wearing a pretty bonnet. Just saying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020