advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
and donate make my brown eyes --> blue?!....if you donate old eyeglasses.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 27, 2021 10:11AM
....VSP Global is discontinuing their program Jan. 1, 2022.....they were the few that let you mail [ for free - you could print UPS return label ] used eyeglasses for donation......

....cheaper for them to just buy new glasses.....

.....you can probably still drop off to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or Lions Club to see if they are accepting used glasses. Lencrafters and Pearle Vision are also supposed to take them for 'One Sight'....

....EYE MAKE A DIFFERENCE®, OUR USED EYEWEAR DONATION PROGRAM, WILL END ON JANUARY 1, 2022. REQUESTS FOR GENTLY USED EYEWEAR MUST BE RECEIVED BY JANUARY 1, 2022.

VSP Global® eyewear companies donate new frames and sunglasses to support eye doctors, schools of optometry, and optometric organizations who are participating in charitable outreach in the U.S. or abroad. Gently used glasses are also available to support international mission trips.

Request a donation of new or used eyewear for an upcoming charitable outreach event or mission trip where eye doctors will provide access to vision care for people in need. Requests for gently used eyewear must be received by January 1, 2022.

Why are you ending the program to collect and distribute gently used eyewear?
In recent years, there’s been a substantial decrease in requests for donations to support vision care outreach. It’s become more efficient and cost-effective to provide new glasses tailored to the exact prescription for individuals in need, even in remote locations. VSP Eyes of Hope has shifted our focus to support that need.

harder to donate used eyeglasses.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2021 11:32AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: and donate make my brown eyes, blue?!....if you donate old eyeglasses.....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 27, 2021 10:22AM
My local optometrist does mission work, and they 3D print frames to fit out in the field.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: October 27, 2021 11:25AM
eye glasses used to be expensive. They're a commodity item now. I ordered glasses from my optometrist and from Zenni.com on the same day. The Zenni glasses shipped out of China and arrived before the ones from my local optometrist.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 27, 2021 11:47AM
ztirffritz
eye glasses used to be expensive. They're a commodity item now. I ordered glasses from my optometrist and from Zenni.com on the same day. The Zenni glasses shipped out of China and arrived before the ones from my local optometrist.

My problem is I can't find an online vendor who will do high level of correction.-9.5 and -9.0. No one uses the really high refractive index blanks. And what really pisses me off is that you are almost at the end of the ordering process before they tell you they either don't make lenses with that level of correction, or that they don't have frames suitable for that lens. It would be so easy to have their site set up to have you first input your prescription, and it would either say they can't do that lens, or they don't have frames that will accommodate those lenses. OR, they will show you only frames that will accommodate those lenses.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2021 11:50AM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020