advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W just released
Posted by: Forrest
Date: October 28, 2021 09:09AM
The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W looks great: 1 GHz 4 core 64 bit CPU with 512 MB RAM for $15 Raspberry Pi

Adafruit and ETA Prime have just released videos on the new board. At the stock clock, seems to run at 80% of the speed as the RP3. ETA prime has already overclocked to 1.3 GHz with a heat sink attached and it equals the RP3 speed
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W just released
Posted by: timg
Date: October 28, 2021 10:39AM
doesn't seem to be available for purchase yet.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Date: October 28, 2021 11:46AM
According to Ladyada, it was released in England today and a Adafruit is expecting a shipment in 2-3 days. You can sign-up on the waiting list at Adafruit and you’ll be notified when they are available for purchase
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 28, 2021 12:05PM
That's a lot of pi for $15!
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: October 28, 2021 12:09PM
I never got my Pi Zero working, not sure if DOA or user error (likely this) but all my other Pis worked great.
Date: October 28, 2021 12:25PM
This could be good for running octopi on the Prusa Mk3s. (3D printer in case are wondering)

The Prusa has a place to plug in a Raspberry Pi Zero, but the original Zero is too underpowered for the task.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: October 28, 2021 04:01PM
timg
This could be good for running octopi on the Prusa Mk3s. (3D printer in case are wondering)

The Prusa has a place to plug in a Raspberry Pi Zero, but the original Zero is too underpowered for the task.

Might need to look into this for my Lulzbot Tax 6.
Date: October 28, 2021 04:03PM
macphanatic
timg

Might need to look into this for my Lulzbot Tax 6.

I'm running octopi on a Pi 3B with my Prusa and it works great. From what I've seen, the Zero2 is about on par with the 3, so it should work well.

Date: October 28, 2021 05:58PM
Microcenter has an Inland 1080P camera for the full-size Raspberry Pi for $9.99 Microcenter

I believe you’ll need this flex cable to attach it to the Zero connector. This cable Adafruit for $3.95 should work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2021 05:58PM by Forrest.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020