advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
play misty for me?!....1st trailer for 'Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist' Christmas movie and debuTT date.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 01, 2021 11:46AM
....will debuTT Dec. 1st on Roku Channel....

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Christmas Movie Sets Premiere Date at Roku — Watch a Sneak Peek

....Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist fans are getting an early Christmas gift.

The Roku Channel has set a Wednesday, Dec. 1 premiere date for Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas. In addition, the streamer has released the above sneak peek — which features Zoey’s BFF Mo belt out the holiday classic “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” — and the following logline:

On her first holiday without her father, Zoey attempts to create a magical Christmas for her family just like the ones Mitch used to do.

Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas doubles as a wrap-up movie for the cancelled NBC dramedy, and will debut for free exclusively on The Roku Channel in the U.S., Canada and the UK. Jane Levy (Zoey), Mary Steenburgen (Maggie), Skylar Astin (Max), John Clarence Stewart (Simon), Alex Newell (Mo), Andrew Leeds (David), Alice Lee (Emily), Michael Thomas Grant (Leif), Kapil Talwalkar (Tobin), David St. Louis (Perry), Peter Gallagher (Mitch) and Bernadette Peters (Deb) are all set to reprise their roles.

“It was a true honor and a thrill to bring this amazingly talented group of people back together again to make Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas,” series creator Austin Winsberg said in a statement. “This movie never would have happened if it wasn’t for the incredible outpouring of love and support from the fans. It really is a Christmas gift for all of us. I am so grateful to The Roku Channel for believing in the whole Zoey’s team and for allowing us to continue to tell this story. I can’t wait for everyone to see all the passion, feeling and genuine holiday cheer we put into making this film. I believe new audiences and die-hard Zoey viewers alike will enjoy and relate to our family holiday musical movie this year and for many years to come.”

On June 9, NBC pulled the plug on Zoey’s after two seasons. Negotiations with the network’s sibling streamer, Peacock, for an eight-episode final season also fell apart. In the wake of the cancellation, Lionsgate, the studio behind Zoey’s, shopped the series to other streaming outlets before landing a movie deal at Roku. Should the film perform well, we hear Roku could potentially order additional episodes. In the meantime, Seasons 1 and 2 are streaming for free on the service in the U.S.

I know what Zoey.....did last summer.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: play misty for me?!....1st trailer for 'Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist' Christmas movie and debuTT date.....
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: November 01, 2021 02:18PM
Do you have to have a Roku device to watch stream the Roku Channel?
Or is like the AppleTV+ Streaming service that can be streamed just about on anything?
Re: play misty for me?!....1st trailer for 'Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist' Christmas movie and debuTT date.....
Posted by: jdc
Date: November 01, 2021 03:22PM
in the link... The film will debut for free exclusively on The Roku Channel — which does not require a Roku device — in the U.S., Canada and the UK.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: November 01, 2021 04:58PM
kurtzie
Or is like the AppleTV+ Streaming service that can be streamed just about on anything?

I think you have to have a Roku unless you Airplay it. We have one in our Den I just picked up recently. I think it was $29 and I got the one that has TV controls on the remote. There's some really good stuff on the Roku that we'll never see on an AppleTV, we have a 4th Gen AppleTV which is great but limited to what Apple allows. There's numerous hidden/private channels on the Roku they are unauthorized but Roju lets you load them anyway. I'm not talking about illegal stuff just unauthorized. Apps like Free2View, AiryTV, Free Movie Classics(this on has some really good old movies) and so many more. The problem with a lot of these is keeping up with what's where. I can help with loading private channels on a Roku.

Grateful11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2021 04:59PM by Grateful11.
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: November 02, 2021 02:03PM
jdc
in the link... The film will debut for free exclusively on The Roku Channel — which does not require a Roku device — in the U.S., Canada and the UK.

Thanks, I didn't read the link.

Grateful11
kurtzie

I think you have to have a Roku unless you Airplay it. We have one in our Den I just picked up recently. I think it was $29 and I got the one that has TV controls on the remote. There's some really good stuff on the Roku that we'll never see on an AppleTV, we have a 4th Gen AppleTV which is great but limited to what Apple allows. There's numerous hidden/private channels on the Roku they are unauthorized but Roju lets you load them anyway. I'm not talking about illegal stuff just unauthorized. Apps like Free2View, AiryTV, Free Movie Classics(this on has some really good old movies) and so many more. The problem with a lot of these is keeping up with what's where. I can help with loading private channels on a Roku.

Thanks. For one show, airplay would probably work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 56
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020