advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Just bought my first tube of chorizo. What am I supposed to do with it?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 02, 2021 07:29PM
It’s all beef if that matters.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Just bought my first tube of chorizo. What am I supposed to do with it?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 02, 2021 07:32PM
Scramble it w/ your eggs, onions, 'shrooms, spinach, and peppers.
Eat.
==
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 02, 2021 07:34PM
I assume you mean Mexican chorizo and not Italian - they are not the same at all.

If it is the cheap tube from Walmart - don't expect much, it is more fat than anything and has no texture.

Otherwise, Chorizo can be used in place of ground beef in just about any spicy Latin dish.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 02, 2021 07:56PM
If it's Mexican chorizo, yeah it will be fatty.

IT NEEDS TO BE COOKED/RENDERED. before you add the eggs, etc

Some of the Turkey and soy chorizos are very lean. Needing to add oil lean.

Mexican chorizo should really not have texture, its finely ground.

The flavor is mainly Mexican spices, which is why the Turkey and Soy version are really "not bad"

If you use it in place of ground beef, it flavor will be overwhelming. It's closer to a bacon replacement. It gives a real kick of flavor. I know some who will cook it, then add it to ground beef. It's great!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 02, 2021 08:39PM
Having grown up in a Mexican neighborhood, I LOVE chorizo! YUM!

It is what it is.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 02, 2021 08:41PM
It’s probably Mexican; it doesn’t say. There’s lots of Mexican groceries here. The first ingredient was beef salivary glands. It turned to a puddle when I fried it. It doesn’t have a good flavor. I got one of the salivary glands stuck between my teeth. It was cheap. My chorizo eating days began and ended today.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 02, 2021 08:51PM
you just got the cheap/bad stuff. I'm really sorry, as I love chorizo.

I plan on making my own with the meat grinder attachment on my KitchenAid lift mixer, pork shoulder and chorizo bomb spice blend from [www.worldspice.com]

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 02, 2021 10:11PM
Beef chorizo?! Isn't that against some law?
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 02, 2021 10:43PM
mrbigstuff
Beef chorizo?! Isn't that against some law?

Seriously. Must be something they sell at Wally's.

And any store-bought chorizo is going to be hardly any better than just buying Jimmy Dean's Pure Pork Sausage… (unless it's made from beef - LOL)
Posted by: wave rider
Date: November 02, 2021 11:21PM

Surprisingly tasty! Soyrizo adds texture and flavor.

=wr=
Posted by: freeradical
Date: November 02, 2021 11:38PM
wave rider

Surprisingly tasty! Soyrizo adds texture and flavor.

That stuff hits all the right marketing buzzwords...gluten free, vegan, organic, non GMO, no preservatives, no cholesterol.

Where is that barf smiley...
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: November 02, 2021 11:58PM
Dennis S
It’s probably Mexican; it doesn’t say. There’s lots of Mexican groceries here. The first ingredient was beef salivary glands. It turned to a puddle when I fried it. It doesn’t have a good flavor. I got one of the salivary glands stuck between my teeth. It was cheap. My chorizo eating days began and ended today.

Dude... you really need to get some decent quality Chorizo before you make that decision...
GOOD chorizo is wonderful... that crap that lists "beef/pork salivary glands" as the first ingredient is NOT good chorizo!
And you need to stop a sec, and think about who is telling you that stuff is crap! I won't eat that stuff, and I just had some beef tendon and chicken gizzards in my bowl of noodles for dinner.

Seriously... go someplace where they make some good chorizo, get some. Fry it and drain the rendered fat, then add some chopped onion, maybe some mushrooms... And when they're almost done, add the eggs and scramble. The put it all over a corn tortilla, with or without some refried beans... maybe a splash of hot sauce.
You won't regret it!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: SteveO
Date: November 03, 2021 06:31AM
>And you need to stop a sec, and think about who is telling you that stuff is crap!

LOLOL ...the moment I read that, I said to myself, this has to be Paul talking! I looked up at the name, and yep there it was. Thank you for the mirth, needed that.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 03, 2021 08:25AM
Paul F.
Seriously... go someplace where they make some good chorizo, get some.

Start with Portugal.

And get some lingüiça, too.
Posted by: mspace
Date: November 03, 2021 08:36AM
SteveO
>And you need to stop a sec, and think about who is telling you that stuff is crap!

LOLOL ...the moment I read that, I said to myself, this has to be Paul talking! I looked up at the name, and yep there it was. Thank you for the mirth, needed that.

This! ROTFL
Posted by: srf1957
Date: November 03, 2021 09:20AM
Chorizo is a cooked sausage from Iberian peninsula of Spain . Find someplace that does Basque food .
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 03, 2021 09:32AM
srf1957
Chorizo is a cooked sausage from Iberian peninsula of Spain . Find someplace that does Basque food .

I've had Spanish Chorizo. Definitely not the same thing. It is good, though!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: November 03, 2021 10:28AM
srf1957

Very different from the uncooked "loose" Mexican variety. Both are tasty when done right, though!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 03, 2021 06:25PM
Lux Interior
Paul F.
Seriously... go someplace where they make some good chorizo, get some.

Start with Portugal.

And get some lingüiça, too.

Love linguica too.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Fritz
Date: November 03, 2021 09:18PM
TJs years ago had some very good fresh chorizo. Bought it all the time, and then one day .... poof, no more.
They also have pretty good soy chorizo, but messy as hell.
Today I bought a link of fresh chorizo from Ho Fu, to try.
I suspect I'll be going back to the local Latin grocery soon.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 05, 2021 01:15PM
......many will do what is expected and.....stick it in one's............................gumbo.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2021 05:14PM by NewtonMP2100.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020