advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
AT&T MicroCell Users - Has It Been Bricked Yet?
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 12, 2021 11:54AM
I got mine way back when I bought my first iPhone, and couldn't get a stable signal in my house. When connected, I would have full bars of signal, and rarely had a glitch, other than resetting every couple of months.

I read that they are discontinuing M-Cell next February, but mine stopped working last month. wifi does a pretty good job, but not as good as the M-Cell.

Is your M-Cell still working, or have they cut you off too?

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: AT&T MicroCell Users - Has It Been Bricked Yet?
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: November 12, 2021 01:42PM
Wifi calling is a better alternative---Turn it on in Settings>Phone>Wifi Calling
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 12, 2021 03:23PM
Just looked at mine, which is still plugged in and operating, even though we haven't used/needed it in years.

All lights are green.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: November 12, 2021 04:31PM
Ken Sp.
Wifi calling is a better alternative---Turn it on in Settings>Phone>Wifi Calling

The benefit of the micro cell is that it works for everyone on the carrier without giving them access to your network.
Posted by: davester
Date: November 12, 2021 04:44PM
macphanatic
Ken Sp.

The benefit of the micro cell is that it works for everyone on the carrier without giving them access to your network.

That's definitely not true of the AT&T Microcell. You need to go to their website and register each phone that you want to use it with. There's a limit on the number of phones...6 I think. We ditched ours a few months ago since wifi calling works better.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Bernie
Date: November 13, 2021 01:50PM
I have an AT&T Wireless Home Phone (WF721) that is suppose to go offline in February and they tried to send me a new and improved something something and jack my bill way high.

It is still working fine.

Told them I would drop the line before I did what they were proposing.

Staunton, Virginia
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020