advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I've been awarded 2nd Place, Non-Professional, in the Digital Art category at the 2021 New Jersey Senior Art Show
Posted by: JoeM
Date: November 12, 2021 12:53PM
I’m very pleased to learn that I have been awarded 2nd Place, Non-Professional, in the Digital Art category at the 2021 New Jersey Senior Art Show. The show encompasses artist’s works from 15 counties in the state of New Jersey.

I’m humbled and honored to have been selected as a winner and to have my art work included and exhibited with the art of so many amazing and talented NJ artists.

You can view the Awards Ceremony at the YouTube link below. My artwork appears at the 9:31 mark.
Now I gotta buy myself a beret.

[youtu.be]

JoeM
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I've been awarded 2nd Place, Non-Professional, in the Digital Art category at the 2021 New Jersey Senior Art Show
Posted by: hal
Date: November 12, 2021 01:08PM
that's a nice, calming bit of art there - congrats!
Re: I've been awarded 2nd Place, Non-Professional, in the Digital Art category at the 2021 New Jersey Senior Art Show
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 12, 2021 01:15PM
Nice.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 12, 2021 01:30PM
What an incredible array of artworks.

I love your "Many Paths - One Destination" masterwork.

Thematically similar to:

Janice Fried - We are all streams from the same river

New Jersey is chock full of great Senior Artists.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 12, 2021 01:37PM
> Now I gotta buy myself a beret. :-)

Congrats! I'd hang something like that on my wall.

So, what was the cash prize? devil smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 12, 2021 01:42PM
smiley-music039smiley-score010smiley-music039

I think that’s GREAT!
You’re not getting older, you’re getting better!

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: mikebw
Date: November 12, 2021 01:47PM
Very cool!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 12, 2021 02:20PM
Congrats!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: November 12, 2021 02:21PM
Beautiful — congratulations! smileys with beer

The brilliant colors in your artwork bring to mind a calendar I bought from Apple many, many years ago (maybe 25 or so?), before digital art was much of a thing. Everyone who saw it was amazed that something like that could be done on a computer, and I wondered at the time how they were able to print it so beautifully.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: November 12, 2021 02:27PM
Great work!
Congratulations!!
Posted by: Dennis R
Date: November 12, 2021 02:31PM
Fantastic! Congratulations!
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 12, 2021 03:20PM
Congratulations!
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 12, 2021 03:24PM
Congrats!
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: November 12, 2021 03:28PM
Congrats!
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: November 12, 2021 03:40PM
Well done!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 12, 2021 03:46PM
smiley-gen013

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: blooz
Date: November 12, 2021 04:45PM
Congratulations!

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: hal
Date: November 12, 2021 05:02PM
Somehow the subject headline keeps bringing up this image in my head:

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 12, 2021 05:19PM
Verrrry niiice. Congrats!
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: November 12, 2021 05:52PM
Way to go, Joe!

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Posted by: Michael
Date: November 12, 2021 06:01PM
What a great piece of art!
Date: November 12, 2021 06:25PM
Thanks so much everyone! My piece won first place in the Union County art exhibit, which allowed it to go on to the state-wide competition. After looking at the works submitted state-wide, I feel like a kid starting out next to some of these super talented folks.

JoeM
Date: November 12, 2021 06:25PM
hal
Somehow the subject headline keeps bringing up this image in my head:

LOL!

JoeM
Posted by: August West
Date: November 12, 2021 07:08PM
Wow, beautiful! Does a guitar composition come in and out of your mind while you create the piece? To me, it seems art manifests in various forms to help spur on the creation process of any single piece.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Date: November 12, 2021 07:41PM
August West
Wow, beautiful! Does a guitar composition come in and out of your mind while you create the piece? To me, it seems art manifests in various forms to help spur on the creation process of any single piece.

That’s an interesting concept. For me, the answer would be no. I find each art form a refreshing break from the other. Actually I’ve been in music mode lately, mixing old tunes and writing new ones but some art opportunities came up unexpectedly and I put music aside to pursue them. I’m actually really jonesing to put the beret down and get back to music again, which should now be able to start up again next week.

JoeM
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 12, 2021 09:20PM
do Forum members get the usual discount on the NFT?
Posted by: mspace
Date: November 13, 2021 09:20AM
thumbs up
Posted by: lost in space
Date: November 13, 2021 10:18AM
Very cool. If you don't mind divulging, how did you create that image?

Date: November 13, 2021 03:02PM
lost in space

This was done primarily in Photoshop with me bouncing in and out of Aurora, Luminar and a few third party plugins as I go along. I start by creating some base shapes using the popular “twirl” technique. There’s plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to do it. Once I have some shapes it becomes a creative process of compositing them in a pleasing layout, changing colors using all of the image adjustment tools in PS, varying blending modes in some layers and then hand painting specific sections with my Wacom pen in order to get the flows to go where I want them or to extend them if they aren’t there in the original image. I’m usually bouncing in and out of Camera Raw to adjust/alter certain things that I want to change as I work. Some pieces can become quite huge and I need to save and work with.psb files. I just finished a piece for a 130 foot wall mural call submission that had a file size of 4.5 GB. I’ve done graphics for the jumbotron screens in Times Square before I retired but never anything at the size I just did. It was nutz.

JoeM
Posted by: Cary
Date: November 14, 2021 05:48AM
Congrats!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 14, 2021 08:22AM
JoeM
lost in space

This was done primarily in Photoshop with me bouncing in and out of Aurora, Luminar and a few third party plugins as I go along. I start by creating some base shapes using the popular “twirl” technique. There’s plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to do it. Once I have some shapes it becomes a creative process of compositing them in a pleasing layout, changing colors using all of the image adjustment tools in PS, varying blending modes in some layers and then hand painting specific sections with my Wacom pen in order to get the flows to go where I want them or to extend them if they aren’t there in the original image. I’m usually bouncing in and out of Camera Raw to adjust/alter certain things that I want to change as I work. Some pieces can become quite huge and I need to save and work with.psb files. I just finished a piece for a 130 foot wall mural call submission that had a file size of 4.5 GB. I’ve done graphics for the jumbotron screens in Times Square before I retired but never anything at the size I just did. It was nutz.

Seems pretty easy.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: November 14, 2021 11:39AM
Speedy
JoeM
lost in space

Seems pretty easy.

And the best part is I don’t have to clean any brushes when I’m done.

JoeM
Posted by: testcase
Date: November 15, 2021 11:44AM
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020