Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
"Clock Error"?
Posted by: Surfrider
Date: November 16, 2021 09:35AM
Mini OSX 10.8.5

When I try and go to certain websites I always use, I started getting this message...but only for some website...
"A private connection to orderacc.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 10:42:38 AM) are incorrect."

Very perplexing.

I use this version of the OS because it allows me to use my old copy of Photoshop and Illustrator.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Clock Error"?
Date: November 16, 2021 09:38AM
It has a blue button to push when this message comes up, it says 'Update date and time", when I press on it it takes me to the "date and time" System Preferences, but from there offers no guidance.

TIA.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 16, 2021 09:51AM
[support.mozilla.org]

If you don't have problems with other SSL configured sites (httpS ) then these sites have certificate problems or clock problems on their own. Macs are default configured to synch time and date from central servers.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 16, 2021 09:53AM
Maybe look for cookies from orderacc.com and delete all of them. Perhaps that website has the wrong time.

Also scan for malware. I am not sure which tools are good these days. Back then we used malware bytes and etrecheck.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: November 16, 2021 02:57PM
Surfrider
I use this version of the OS because it allows me to use my old copy of Photoshop and Illustrator.

Maybe it's time to stop letting the tail wag the dog…
Date: November 16, 2021 04:06PM
While I don't disagree, I wonder why this wasn't an issue, then it was a big issue?
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 16, 2021 06:09PM
Surfrider
While I don't disagree, I wonder why this wasn't an issue, then it was a big issue?

because the clock on that web site got set up wrong or the security certificate expired. Just remove that cookie and see if that helps.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 16, 2021 07:32PM
1. Yes, if your system clock drifts too far off then your browser will not be able to validate certificates.

2. But if the date and time appear correct then the problem is almost certainly expired root certificates and the browser is just throwing up the wrong error message.
[eclecticlight.co]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020