advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Should I order from the United Kingdom, on Ebay?
Posted by: Microman
Date: November 18, 2021 10:35AM
There is a Disney Stitch Crashes Pin Holder book that came out in January, and is sold out on Disney site. I see that they are available but a quite a markup. Some of the better deals can be had from United Kingdom. Is there any problem buying from someone selling around the world?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Should I order from the United Kingdom, on Ebay?
Posted by: Gareth
Date: November 18, 2021 11:00AM
Not really. It might take longer to arrive. I had one package [from Europe] that took so long to arrive, that the tracking stopped working [but this was during the height of the pandemic]. Then one day, it just showed up.

I had given that package extra time to arrive, so eventually I was outside of my dispute window, but the seller was kind enough to refund anyway, and so when it did finally show up, I paid him back (actually saved some money since I think he charged me without eBay fees and I didn't have to pay sales tax).

So, keep an eye on the tracking, and be sure to file a not received case if you need to.

Also, keep in mind that if you're paying in Pounds and using a credit card, to use one without foreign transaction fees. And if you have the option to let eBay/PayPal do the USD conversion for you or paying in Pounds on a CC w/o FTF, the rate is usually better on the credit card. BUT, if you need to get a refund to that CC in the foreign currency, the refund will also be in the foreign currency, which means your refund might be more or LESS than the original amount. That happened to me on a Canadian purchase. Lost some money on the refund because the exchange rate had changed significantly. Not sure how that works if you let eBay/PayPal do the conversion for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2021 11:34AM by Gareth.
Posted by: Z
Date: November 18, 2021 11:12AM
Keep in mind that you run the risk of receiving something in the mail from voodoopenguin...

Should be perfectly fine - will just take longer to arrive.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: November 18, 2021 11:13AM
I've ordered items from both eBay as well as Amazon's UK site; as mentioned, it'll take longer but I've not had any trouble. This assumes reputable eBay seller, etc.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 18, 2021 12:06PM
Assume it will take longer to arrive, probably longer than you allow. and that there may be import duty assessed.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: raz
Date: November 18, 2021 12:39PM
I did this once with no problems. In fact, the seller said to use an ordinary PO money order as international was a waste of money.

Wow. This was before mandatory PayPal. OK, I've been around a while.

I've also sold/shipped to Europe. EBay does their own international shipping. It's slow, but cheap.

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: November 18, 2021 12:44PM
Do you mean this?

[www.shopdisney.co.uk]

Paul
Posted by: Microman
Date: November 18, 2021 01:15PM
It would be nice if I could order from the Disney site on the other side of the Globe, but I cant enter my address, and USA is not one of the choices in the pulldown for country. So is voodoopenquin on the other side of the pond?

Maybe he could be an intermediary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2021 01:17PM by Microman.
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: November 18, 2021 01:32PM
Is that a good price?

Paul

The token Brit
Posted by: rz
Date: November 18, 2021 02:01PM
My wife buys Disney pins for friends in Belgium all the time. Sometimes they'll buy stuff themselves and have it shipped to her. She used to send a box of all of it every couple of years, but in 2018, they came and visited for Thanksgiving, then again in early 2020 right before the pandemic hit. They plan on coming again next year. Anyway, if you plan on buying a lot of stuff overseas, it might be good if you can find someone who can be your middle man.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 19, 2021 03:39AM
I have purchased pistol parts from Israel and Macedonia, as well as Greece. And ordered custom black walnut grips from Turkey.

Just be patient.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: November 19, 2021 12:37PM
I've purchased old coins from eBay-UK... better selection of English coins (go figure!), and as long as the seller accepts bids from international customers, it's worked out fine.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 134
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020