advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I get to slap my Godson full force across the face
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 24, 2021 04:06PM
He owed money on a car I "TOLD" him not to buy. But of course Toyota sells him the car 2 years ago at full price anyway at 22 years old. How are you gonna work at Vons (and now the new Amazon Fresh store) and have a nearly $420 a month car note? He had to have a new car versus something a few years older. Maybe it's because his mom (my wonderful friend) pays the real bills.

He fell behind on his payments during the pandemic and now he's all worried about the bank taking it back.

He told me he's called the bank several times (as I suggested he do) and they won't rearrange his payments or anything. Then he rants about corporate this and corporate that, blah blah blah. He just gives up.

Too many of these young folk have no flex. I told him I'll call them for him. His attitude was that it won't make any difference, that they don't care. They're not a caring company. They're using his late fees to pay for everything that makes them look good.

I bet him. I told him I'm gonna call them. If i get them to re-arrange his loan that I get to slap him across the face as hard as I want to. If I couldn't do it, he could do the same to me. He's like "I already tried!"

Of course, 45 minutes later they're sending pdf's for him to sign to agree to the new terms. They "forgave" him 2 payments, lowered the payments, and tacked on 2 months to the end of the loan (Wells Fargo). By the time I was done with the call I knew all about that woman's life. I probably could have dated her.

I wouldn't have bet him the slap if he wasn't so arrogant and angry about it. He's such a genius but only pays the loan minimums. Always telling me what he can't do instead of what he can do. I love him but he's a lil punk too. Everything sucks to he and this group of friends he hangs out with. Most of 'em just get high all day long.

He quit college because he's gonna make a lot of money investing in stocks and nft's (whatever the hell that voodoo is) using different apps.

Plus, despite being born and raised in Los Angeles, he inexplicably roots for the Green Bay Packers. That should be two slaps. I told him we're going to a Rams game. Focus.

I'm not gonna slap him, but I'm gonna make him think I will.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I get to slap my Godson full force across the face
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 24, 2021 04:10PM
Banks keep records of customer contact in the account files. It would be interesting to see if he actually DID call.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: November 24, 2021 04:13PM
Racer X
Banks keep records of customer contact in the account files. It would be interesting to see if he actually DID call.

See, I didn't even think of that! He's actually a good kid (young man). I think the social media steers him some kind of way.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 24, 2021 04:18PM
If you slap him now while he’s young, it’ll save you much grief later.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rz
Date: November 24, 2021 04:20PM
You need to string it along. Keep upping the ante.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 24, 2021 04:20PM
I probably could have dated her.

bahahaha.

I used to do real good phone back in the day. I talked myself into SO many situations, with just a phone call. lots and lots of concerts, jobs, etc. sadly, my phone skills are a bit lacking now, too.
Posted by: jdc
Date: November 24, 2021 04:21PM
vision63
Plus, despite being born and raised in Los Angeles, he inexplicably roots for the Green Bay Packers. That should be two slaps.

that made me LOL, awesome. 5 star tale.

I do the same dang thing when I call customer service -- by the time the call is over, we are best friends. and call me whatever, I 100% always try to talk to a woman for things.

I give them dad jokes, kids jokes, and ask them if they have kids/family, weather, etc, etc. always great.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: btfc
Date: November 24, 2021 04:21PM
“ Plus, despite being born and raised in Los Angeles, he inexplicably roots for the Green Bay Packers. That should be two slaps. “

A slap and a punch! smiling smiley
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 24, 2021 04:35PM
He’s very lucky to have you. I’ve heard all it takes for a kid to succeed in life is to have at least one adult who believes in him/her.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 24, 2021 04:39PM
I am so glad he has you in his life.
You are one of the finest men I know of.
emoticon_loveemoticon_loveemoticon_love

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: hal
Date: November 24, 2021 04:50PM
vision63
I'm not gonna slap him, but I'm gonna make him think I will.

tell him that you'll see him in a few weeks after you bulk up at the gym.

great story - thanks
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 24, 2021 04:50PM
Nah, nah! SLAP HIM!!! And don't hold back, either.

Like any typical know nothing youngster, they need a "bitch slap of reality" every once in awhile.

EDIT: it's KNOW, Rick-o! Not NO. Sheesh!

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2021 04:52PM by Rick-o.
Date: November 24, 2021 05:16PM
rgG
I am so glad he has you in his life.
You are one of the finest men I know of.
emoticon_loveemoticon_loveemoticon_love

aww thanks!!
Posted by: Cary
Date: November 24, 2021 06:02PM
You need a ruling from the Slap Bet commissioner...
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 24, 2021 06:49PM
Don't cause any lasting damage. There may come a day where he is wiser than you due to unfortunate mental decline and will intervene on your behalf. I am getting closer to that day myself based on when I surpassed my parents (about 15 more years based on my guesstimation).

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: November 24, 2021 07:27PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Don't cause any lasting damage. There may come a day where he is wiser than you due to unfortunate mental decline and will intervene on your behalf. I am getting closer to that day myself based on when I surpassed my parents (about 15 more years based on my guesstimation).

I'll always defer to wisdom and good will. If somebody leads in the most productive way, I'll follow. At my age, I need these young'uns to step up. Not in the way of trying to gather significance on the surface, which they seem to crave, but real, fundamental solutions and helping.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: November 24, 2021 08:34PM
His age generation (and all generations of similar age going back through history) can get taken in by salesmen... and not overly good at paying attention to payments that are above their means.

You definitely did your Godson a good deed.

You should take a page from the Great Book of "How I met your mother", and declare that slap-bet held, at this time, in reserve. It is still owed... but, not today. ONE DAY, it shall be collected in full. But, not today. winking smiley

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: chopper
Date: November 24, 2021 08:36PM
Raised in So-Cal? You should thank your lucky stars he is not addicted to heroin or meth. I have several friends out there, they have children who were addicts by the time they were 19.

They'd welcome an arrogant, irresponsible kid who is at least working and trying.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 24, 2021 09:29PM
I really can't relate as I was more mature than that at an early age. Obviously you did something good for him but the real goal is that he does it for himself. Good luck.

Posted by: freeradical
Date: November 25, 2021 12:05AM
vision63

He quit college because he's gonna make a lot of money investing in stocks and nft's (whatever the hell that voodoo is) using different apps.

NFT's are crypto nonsense. It's digital proof that you own something that's worthless. grinning smiley
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 25, 2021 12:11AM
chopper
Raised in So-Cal? You should thank your lucky stars he is not addicted to heroin or meth. I have several friends out there, they have children who were addicts by the time they were 19.

They'd welcome an arrogant, irresponsible kid who is at least working and trying.

LOL I was raised in SoCal and never came close to being any of those things.

It is what it is.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 25, 2021 01:15AM
After a car's been out in the world a bit, banks really don't want it back.

If a car is to be repo'ed it's because somebody didn't talk to the bank. and repo'ing it is the last resort.

A buddy of mine did repo work for a year, there was really good money in it.

When it came time to bring a car 'home' it was almost always in bad shape.

Great work, vis, letting the bank know they were talking to person, someone they could relate to.

From your description of your Godson, it's not surprising he doesn't have the chops to workout a deal with the bank.

I hope he comes to fully realized what he can learn about living and succeeding from you.

Best of luck!

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2021 01:16AM by RAMd®d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020