advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Nice little Amazon "silent upgrade"
Posted by: PeterB
Date: November 24, 2021 10:07PM
So to juice my calamondins (see several posts down), I decided to order a citrus juicer ... it's one of the few kitchen gadgets I don't already have, and I figured it would make the work of juicing them a WHOLE lot easier.

I very carefully picked out the model I wanted to get, it seems that a lot of them break down easily. Fine... I figure for the $15-20 or so, it's worth taking the risk. Went ahead and placed the order on Amazon... it arrives today, but I'm looking at the size of the box and saying WTH?

They sent me one box ... of FOUR juicers. I double-checked, and I did indeed only get charged for one.

Given the amount of business I've given Bezosworld over the years, I'm gonna chalk this one up to cosmic karma.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Nice little Amazon "silent upgrade"
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 25, 2021 01:59AM
Must be a thing with kitchen gadgets.... the exact thing happened to us w/ food processors in the earlier days of Amazon.
==
Posted by: Michael
Date: November 25, 2021 04:58AM
Yeah, we ordered a set of 3 Microplane paddle graters from Williams Sonoma some years ago. They were on sale for something like $50. A box came with a dozen individual boxes with 3 graters in each. We only got charged for one of them. I called and asked them to send a UPS label and I'd return the extra 11 boxes. They were very thankful and said they would. But, along with the UPS label was a receipt for the cost of the 11 extras that they charged to our credit card. I sent them back and got refunded for 1 only. It took me HOURS to deal with it to finally get it right. Eventually I had to send the last one back (I had to pay for it because they had already paid for a UPS label for my return!!!) and that cleaned up the problem. Never again. If we get too much of anything I'm happy to let the retailer contact me and ask for it back and I'll be willing to slap their label on it and let the UPS guy pick it up. But I won't initiate it any more.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: November 25, 2021 09:19AM
Yes, considering how much hassle it is right now for me to ship anything back to them (they will issue UPS labels free of charge, but NOT a free UPS pickup), I'm not even going to bother reporting this. Even a regular Amazon return has become too much of a hassle.

This is a really nice model juicer, by the way ... it made quick work of the calamondins, saved me what would likely have been hours of work of hand-squeezing.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 25, 2021 09:45AM
you have 3 great stocking stuffers
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 25, 2021 09:48AM
Michael
Yeah, we ordered a set of 3 Microplane paddle graters from Williams Sonoma some years ago. They were on sale for something like $50. A box came with a dozen individual boxes with 3 graters in each. We only got charged for one of them. I called and asked them to send a UPS label and I'd return the extra 11 boxes. They were very thankful and said they would. But, along with the UPS label was a receipt for the cost of the 11 extras that they charged to our credit card. I sent them back and got refunded for 1 only. It took me HOURS to deal with it to finally get it right. Eventually I had to send the last one back (I had to pay for it because they had already paid for a UPS label for my return!!!) and that cleaned up the problem. Never again. If we get too much of anything I'm happy to let the retailer contact me and ask for it back and I'll be willing to slap their label on it and let the UPS guy pick it up. But I won't initiate it any more.

I had similar stories.

Once Amazon had a Samsung SSD with a "5 pack" thing on the image, but obviously this was the price for 1 items. I mentioned that to CS and they issued a full refund and told me to KEEP the SSD.

Other times I reported a binocular as missing and they send a replacement. A few days later the first shipment came in. I told them, they offered to sell it to me at the same price as the original order (meanwhile the prices went back up). I took that deal.

But we also have horror stories like the one above when we tried to make things right and at the end we regretted it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 66
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020