advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Uh oh — Amazon workers planning Black Friday strike?
Posted by: steve...
Date: November 25, 2021 09:12PM
Amazon workers plan Black Friday strike

'Make Amazon Pay' is a coalition of workers and labor organizations calling for a labor strike by Amazon employees across the company's operations, such as data centers, factories and warehouses. They plan to organize the work stoppage for Black Friday in 20 countries including India, Germany and the United States.

CNET

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Uh oh — Amazon workers planning Black Friday strike?
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 25, 2021 10:02PM
They want to end "forms of casual employment." That's the main reason most workers do the job. Work when they feel like instead of when Amazon tells them they have to work.
Posted by: jonny
Date: November 25, 2021 10:46PM
More power to them.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 25, 2021 11:18PM
seriously doubt it will cause even a blip on the Amazon radar.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 25, 2021 11:23PM
vision63
They want to end "forms of casual employment." That's the main reason most workers do the job. Work when they feel like instead of when Amazon tells them they have to work.

Why do you think that?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 25, 2021 11:59PM
Rolando
vision63

Why do you think that?

They said "some forms." You can download the "Amazon Flex" app to your phone right now and start delivering in a couple of days when you're approved. It's casual. The alternative is you become an employee. That means Amazon can assign you shifts where you don't have that flexibility. Most of those guys don't want to work for Amazon. That's what undermines their strikes. All Amazon has to do is send an offer to a driver not working to show up now and get a bonus. Like an extra $500 for x amount of deliveries.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 26, 2021 05:26AM
they have been planning this for weeks, shouldn't be a surprise at this point.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 26, 2021 07:35AM
For those who have not done “gig work” or are not familiar with Amazon Flex specifically, here’s a shortish video (13:25 YouTube) showing a day as a driver.

The creator of this video specializes in the subject of gig work/“side hustles”. I’ve watched a lot of his content and he seems to know his stuff pretty well, and is impartial enough to take seriously.

Just a glimpse, here’s some screen shots from the video, of the Amazon Flex app.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020