advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PSA: Costco is out of the real Christmas tree business this year *in Atlanta
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: November 26, 2021 01:14PM
We'd been getting our trees there for quite a while now. Great price compared to tree lots, and they'd been very fresh, but per a couple of store managers here in the Atlanta area they are not selling them at any store this year. No idea whether this is a permanent thing or not.

Wound up going to Home Depot next door; the tree was about $10 more than we'd been paying to Costco, but on the upside they did a free trim of the stump, which saved me from breaking out the chainsaw when we got it home...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2021 08:18AM by Will Collier.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PSA: Costco is out of the real Christmas tree business this year
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: November 26, 2021 01:54PM
I’m going to make mine out of white pine saplings, a hardwood branch for an armature, a 5 gallon bucket, and fishing line. The saplings are surplus anyway, and it was free and attractive last year. I didn’t want to deal with crowds/competition at our beloved local tree farm… most places are marked way up or don’t have many trees this year. Our guy won’t change his prices, so I think he’ll be overrun. He didn’t open last year.
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 26, 2021 02:54PM
Will Collier
We'd been getting our trees there for quite a while now. Great price compared to tree lots, and they'd been very fresh, but per a couple of store managers here in the Atlanta area they are not selling them at any store this year. No idea whether this is a permanent thing or not.

Wound up going to Home Depot next door; the tree was about $10 more than we'd been paying to Costco, but on the upside they did a free trim of the stump, which saved me from breaking out the chainsaw when we got it home...

And, they didn’t have any fruitcake at Costco either. cursing smiley
It’s a war on Christmas, I tell you. Lol

As an aside,
I used to volunteer to work the tree lot when I worked at HD.
It could be cold and rainy and it was very physically challenging, those trees are heavy, but I really enjoyed it. I also helped paint the HD Xmas decorations, too. I was a regular little elf. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Microman
Date: November 26, 2021 04:02PM
They had the tree outside the entrance to my Costco in Southern California. Around $46 or so in price
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: November 26, 2021 04:32PM
Microman
They had the tree outside the entrance to my Costco in Southern California. Around $46 or so in price

No kidding. Maybe it's just an Atlanta (or east coast) thing.

Thanks...
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 26, 2021 04:38PM
Microman

Did they have any fruitcake?

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: jdc
Date: November 26, 2021 05:05PM
Big western wildfires affected ours here in calf. We get noble firs from the same place for the last 15 years, been hovering around $70 for the past few years for 6-7 ft.

$99 today.

Ace hardware wants $90.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Frank
Date: November 26, 2021 11:42PM
Amazingly, the Costco on Kauai has trees for sale. Saw a couple of containers when I was shopping a few days ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 81
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020