Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Just Watched Episode 1 of "Get Back"
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 26, 2021 01:42PM
Great job by Peter Jackson to show the ups and downs

Amazing Job by his team on cleanup and presentation of the 16mm footage and sound!

A must for fans of the Beatles, or Rock in General!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Just Watched Episode 1 of "Get Back"
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: November 26, 2021 02:14PM
Maybe just me but seeing Yoko sitting with them all the time really annoyed me. She didn't seem to be involved so could have at least sat a bit further back and not in the creative circle.

Paul
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 26, 2021 02:41PM
voodoopenguin
Maybe just me but seeing Yoko sitting with them all the time really annoyed me. She didn't seem to be involved so could have at least sat a bit further back and not in the creative circle.

Paul

Starting to sound like the “Let It Be” movie.
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 26, 2021 02:48PM
We will probs watch tonight or tomorrow night. It looked good, from the previews.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 26, 2021 03:02PM
I have always thought Yoko was part of the reason for the breakup. Will this series change my mind?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: November 26, 2021 04:16PM
voodoopenguin
I was surprised at how closely she sat, too, even when just reading a book and looking bored. But John's face lit up and he smiled when she screeched his name into the microphone.
Posted by: wurm
Date: November 26, 2021 04:48PM
I'll watch tonight. I'm certainly not expecting any new information. I am impressed with the clips I've seen of the remarkable quality Jackson has been able to restore. It looks like this footage could have been shot today, and to see them in their prime like this is something I'm really looking forward to.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 26, 2021 10:07PM
Paul spoke recently about the Yoko situation and admitted that she had an outsized influence on John and the Beatles' final years.
Posted by: mspace
Date: November 27, 2021 10:01AM
How many times I've wondered what it would be like to see the creation process of many classic tunes of any genre, and I actually got to be there with this. Amazing. And to see the dynamics between them (setting aside Yoko) was also revelatory. There is SO much going on.

Looking forward to Parts 2 and 3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 63
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020