advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Need hearing protection and your tunes? 3M WorkTunes Connect Bluetooth 24dB NRR Hearing Protector $35
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 27, 2021 04:26PM
[slickdeals.net]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Need hearing protection and your tunes? 3M WorkTunes Connect Bluetooth 24dB NRR Hearing Protector $35
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 27, 2021 04:51PM
Methinks if one works somewhere where hearing protection is needed, one probably ought not to allow themselves to become potentially distracted by listening to music.

It is what it is.
This seems like a bad idea.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 27, 2021 05:54PM
But maybe not for me!

Methinks if one works somewhere where hearing protection is needed, one probably ought not to allow themselves to become potentially distracted by listening to music.

My very first thought exactly.

But I opine that there are niche jobs where this might be desirable.

And in the non-work related world, just shutting out all background noise vs the noise cancelled by ANC headsets, might be a good thing.

However, I do wonder about the quality of the audio.

Not because of any BT limitations, certainly serviceable audio can be had, but because of what some beancounter vs engineer debate might exact.

'They're in a factory around machinery fer Christ's sake so why is fidelity even a consideration?!'

'With 24dB noise reduction, they're going to hear the music better so it needs to be better!'

Rinse, repeat.

With the AMZ return policy, it might be worth checking out.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Re: Need hearing protection and your tunes? 3M WorkTunes Connect Bluetooth 24dB NRR Hearing Protector $35
Posted by: Bernie
Date: November 27, 2021 08:05PM
The wife wears my electronic shooting @#$%& with an old iPod plugged in while mowing. Works quite well.
with the mower muffled the iPod does not have to be loud. Nothing is safe in the yard when she mows anyway so the distraction is not a concern.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 27, 2021 09:41PM
I rely on these [www.amazon.com]

nrr of 30. When using big boomsticks, or in a concrete indoor range, I double up with foam ear plugs. You have no idea how loud a .22LR target pistol really is until you have 8 going off shooting rapid fire in a concrete range. Really hard to concentrate unless you do it often.

3db is a factor of 2. When I jumped from 21 to 30 nrr it was a BIG difference.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: iaJim
Date: November 28, 2021 07:59AM
I use these for mowing and like them.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: November 28, 2021 06:16PM
Hey RacerX

I started with those and Have a teal color for the Daughter. I have found that the cheaper Gloryfire $33.99 at the moment work just as well for mowing the yard. My wife is hard on her toys.

Staunton, Virginia
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020