advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
windows 10 back-up questions
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 27, 2021 07:11PM
I need to back up a W10 spinner in an older HP Probook. Still viable as it has an early i3 processor.

Anyway. What do I need to do to return everything from the now external spinner drive, to a new internal SSD drive? I have several empty USB 3 enclosures I can put the drive in.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: windows 10 back-up questions
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 28, 2021 11:37AM
Macrium Reflect finally added full resizing partition feature in the register-ware version. Now it can finally clone to a smaller drive, similar size drive, or larger drive (only expanding the C: drive, or whatever the boot/storage partition is). Current is listed as v8.0.6392.

Register-ware version gets no technical support and does not support live backups (a subset of features like Time Machine). It pops up the Windows New Update Nag at odd times. If you aren't at the PC when it comes up, you have to guess what it was unless you are good at digging through logs.

They are pretty firm about business use being paid if they detect a certain level of complexity. I don't know for sure what triggers it (behind a domain controller, multiple PCs running W10 Pro, etc.). The new paid version is supposed to have a feature to block ransomware encryption of drive images on a network.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 300
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020