advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
When do I know if Package order on eBay from Italy gets to the USA?
Posted by: Microman
Date: December 05, 2021 10:05AM
I bought an item from someone in Italy, that has a 100% rating, and the Italian tracking they used just says that it is in transit.

What will be the next thing that happens?, Will I be contacted by the Government to pay some sort of tax, or will it get handed off to another carrier, and if so will I have to pay. something for that as well?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: When do I know if Package order on eBay from Italy gets to the USA?
Posted by: Gareth
Date: December 05, 2021 12:10PM
If they used their local mail service, it will get handed over to USPS, at which point, the tracking number should work at USPS (it may work now, but will only say something generic like "Origin post has notified us of package"). It might get stuck in customs for an unknown amount of time. I've never paid any customs/duties/taxes for personal purchases coming into the US (although it is possible depending on the item value). You shouldn't need to pay anything additional for the actual shipping.

For work, on occasion we are purchasing thousands of dollars of clothing at a time from Europe and FedEx/UPS usually send a customs bill after the fact (which is really annoying as it will come in weeks after the package has been delivered).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2021 12:13PM by Gareth.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020