Posted by: Dennis S
Date: December 05, 2021 03:38PM
[m.youtube.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Gotta love Billy Preston
Posted by: hal
Date: December 05, 2021 03:44PM
a ham of a performer way back then!

That was a great, fun bit... and kudos to Cole for being such a great host and giving this kid a little room to show off.

Yeah, that kid was going places...

I never even heard of this - thanks!
Posted by: chopper
Date: December 05, 2021 05:53PM
They should have just made him the fifth Beatle.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 05, 2021 07:49PM
As Lennon stated "He's so good, Ray Charles doesn't bother playing organ, he lets Billy play !"

All around a great performer.
[youtu.be]
BILLY PRESTON & RAY CHARLES - AGENT DOUBLE 0 SOUL.LIVE TV PERFORMANCE 1967

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: chopper
Date: December 05, 2021 09:17PM
I suspect that Paul was not on board simply because when John was suggesting adding a member or substituting a member ... John was thinking Yoko originally.

Every song Billy plays on is better than what they could have done without him.
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: December 05, 2021 10:23PM
John wanted Yoko to be in the studio with him, he never suggested that Yoko become a member of the group. Barry Miles said John insisted Yoko join the group, but in reality he was talking about Yoko joining John in the studio.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020