advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Uggh. Lousy day.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: December 06, 2021 01:47PM
Have a temporary medical thing which has me feeling under the weather for a day or two, and 14 year old daughter exacerbated some stuff at school, was sent home for a couple of days (bad decision on their part, IMHO), and I just don't have the energy I want to have.

uggh!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Uggh. Lousy day.
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 06, 2021 02:10PM
I hope things start looking up very soon.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: December 06, 2021 02:25PM
Posted by: mikebw
Date: December 06, 2021 03:01PM
Looks like we have some wind coming this evening, hopefully all this just blows over.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 06, 2021 03:08PM
Trust me - it could be worse, much much worse. I won't go into details now, but this could be the worse day in my 60 years of life.

I would trade you in a heartbeat, but would not wish this experience on anyone (though we will all go through it)

Give your daughter a hug, tell her you love her.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Diana
Date: December 06, 2021 03:12PM
Ombligo
Trust me - it could be worse, much much worse. I won't go into details now, but this could be the worse day in my 60 years of life.

I would trade you in a heartbeat, but would not wish this experience on anyone (though we will all go through it)

Praying for you.

Diana
Date: December 06, 2021 03:26PM
I hope it gets a lot better, Ombligo.

Ombligo

Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 06, 2021 03:27PM
Ombligo

Good luck.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 06, 2021 03:33PM
Whenever I get a day like that I imagine that someone else has it way more worse off than myself.

If I'm correct in my assumption, Ombligo is probably having a day we all wish would never happen.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 06, 2021 03:48PM
Ombligo

Sending good thoughts your way!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: davec
Date: December 06, 2021 04:25PM
Ombligo-sending prayers your way. Know that you have people here who care.

Dave

...on the trailing edge of technology.
Posted by: Frank
Date: December 06, 2021 04:40PM
Best wishes for both of you. Prayers sent.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: December 06, 2021 04:41PM
Sorry for the bad day, guys. I hope you get through it all to better days. We're here if you need us.

Hugs for all.

=TC
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: December 06, 2021 05:15PM
Sorry to hear. One thing about getting older, the lousy days get worse but it gets easier to let them go.

Today, the problem is small. My garbage disposal needs to be replaced. I'm hoping I can just drop in a new unit.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: December 06, 2021 05:51PM
This community does care, my thoughts will be with you.

Hang in there.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: PeterB
Date: December 06, 2021 05:58PM
Ombligo

So sorry to hear that. Best thoughts to both you and anonymouse1.

And Sarcany wins the "best cheer-up reply of the day" award.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 06, 2021 06:19PM
My best hopes that things improve for both you guys. I deeply and sincerely mean this. We'll see you on the healthy side of this.
Posted by: DP
Date: December 06, 2021 07:50PM
Looks like we have some wind coming this evening, hopefully all this just blows over.

Hey! Hey! It's not Friday yet!

And, what all the others say, BB...

Resident Cardinal...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 06, 2021 08:24PM
first, thank you everyone. I'll be okay and will post about in a day or two.

Next, apologies to Anonymouse1. I did not intend to hijack the thread or make into a contest. I posted without thinking.

Mavic if you have the standard three latch mount, then Badger, Insinkerator, and Moen all will fit. The Moen is better than Badger but not as expensive as Insinkerator.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2021 08:27PM by Ombligo.
Date: December 06, 2021 08:57PM
No apologies needed-glad you felt comfortable enough to

And thanks to Sarcany-that was delightful.

Ombligo
first, thank you everyone. I'll be okay and will post about in a day or two.

Next, apologies to Anonymouse1. I did not intend to hijack the thread or make into a contest. I posted without thinking.

Mavic if you have the standard three latch mount, then Badger, Insinkerator, and Moen all will fit. The Moen is better than Badger but not as expensive as Insinkerator.
Posted by: mspace
Date: December 07, 2021 07:34AM
Hang in, all!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 07, 2021 08:22AM
I generally hate the Holidays, but this year its worse than any other. But at least I'm not dead.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 07, 2021 08:49AM
Racer X
I generally hate the Holidays, but this year its worse than any other. But at least I'm not dead.

The holidays aren’t over yet, just saying.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: December 07, 2021 12:21PM
Speedy
Racer X

The holidays aren’t over yet, just saying.

Fair point. I need to get a medical proxy ASAP for my partner now that I have no real family left.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: DavidS
Date: December 07, 2021 07:21PM
Best wishes and prayers to both of you. We all have days/weeks/months like this that we wish would never end.

As I tell my patients, getting older is no fun, but it's better than the alternative. I did have a 94yo once tell me I was wrong and I would hopefully get to be old enough to realize that myself.
Date: December 07, 2021 08:11PM
Racer X

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
For me it's not health reasons, emotional would be a better way to describe it for me.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Date: December 07, 2021 08:15PM
It's everything. I need 5 surgeries, and eventually cataracts in both eyes.

Oh, and I can't get effective pain management. smiley-gen081

[www.youtube.com]
Date: December 07, 2021 08:22PM
Racer X
It's everything. I need 5 surgeries, and eventually cataracts in both eyes.

Oh, and I can't get effective pain management. smiley-gen081

OMG! Not sure what to say now. I will definitely send positive vibes your way,
if you believe in that type of power.
Many times just knowing others care is a healing means of it's own.

dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Date: December 07, 2021 09:41PM
Thanks, all, for the compassion and good wishes. Today was better, and we're hoping tomorrow will be better!

And good fishes from me to Racer X and Ombligo.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: December 08, 2021 08:57AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020