advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Either a deal on polo shirts (box of 36 for $8-12) or I've made a mistake...
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: December 13, 2021 01:37PM
So.. I was looking to order ONE or TWO polo shirts...
Found these on Amazon. Then, noticed one of the options is "Box of 36". For the blue ones, a box of 36 in my size is $350.
But, in black, in my size, a box of 36 is $12....

So, in a couple weeks, I'm either getting ONE shirt, or a box of 36...
I can understand why this is the #1 item in polo shirts on Amazon...

Good luck to any who roll the dice betting on a price mistake!

[www.amazon.com]

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Either a deal on polo shirts (box of 36 for $8-12) or I've made a mistake...
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 13, 2021 01:50PM
$12, even for one, is a good price.
If your number hits and you get 36, you will have a closet like Steve Jobs, except in blue and polo not turtleneck.
smiley-laughing001

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: Either a deal on polo shirts (box of 36 for $8-12) or I've made a mistake...
Posted by: PeterB
Date: December 13, 2021 02:03PM
Hmmm. In my size, the only option for the box of 36 was the navy, and the price plus shipping came to about $19. I'm not sure if that's a decent price for one, but went ahead with rolling the dice, since I noticed that they were also listed as free returns ... so if I want to do the return, I can always rightfully claim it was an inaccurate website description.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: December 13, 2021 02:18PM
PeterB;

My thinking exactly...

And, so far, it's hit my card for a pre-auth for the $12 plus $8.59 shipping price (about $22, I forget now)...
So, at least they didn't charge $12x36!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: December 13, 2021 02:27PM
The navy shirts, box of 36, come in sub $20 in some sizes, then jumps to the $350 price on others.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Date: December 13, 2021 02:33PM
Blankity Blank
The navy shirts, box of 36, come in sub $20 in some sizes, then jumps to the $350 price on others.

Yup. Exactly why it looks like a price mistake to me... There's no way that a $9.72 shirt is going to go for under .70 in a different size/color...
But, if they have some weird oversupply, I'm happy to get some work shirts out of it!

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: AllGold
Date: December 13, 2021 02:36PM
I thought about it, but decided I didn't need even one cheapo 50% polyester polo. old fogey smiley

Posted by: Markintosh
Date: December 13, 2021 02:37PM
popcorn smiley

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Date: December 13, 2021 02:42PM
AllGold
I thought about it, but decided I didn't need even one cheapo 50% polyester polo. old fogey smiley

A totally fair conclusion to reach, LOL.
I have a couple similar ones (50-50 poly-cotton) and, they're not great, but, they're worth sixty cents each!

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Z
Date: December 13, 2021 02:51PM
As it sits... you should go ahead and eat them anyway... after all, that's the Paul F way, no?
Posted by: wurm
Date: December 13, 2021 03:25PM
Well, 36 shirts for $17.69 is a deal I can live with, especially if it's really free returns (if it proves to be only one shirt). If it's really 36, then about 30 will go to the local charity. Happy Crimble! And thanks, Paul.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2021 03:26PM by wurm.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 13, 2021 03:37PM
well if it works out then Secret Santa is going to be very blue this year.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 13, 2021 04:36PM
When I was working in the paint department I would have been all over this deal.
Do you know how easy it is to ruin a shirt working in the paint department? grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: December 13, 2021 05:22PM
You never know...got 5 pairs of jeans from Costco.com for $25 (plus tax) shipped to my home...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2021 05:22PM by Bill in NC.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 13, 2021 05:25PM
Bill in NC
You never know...got 5 pairs of jeans from Costco.com for $25 (plus tax) shipped to my home...

I got that deal too.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 13, 2021 06:17PM
Sold by ApparelinBags

I assume these will be really inexpensive cheap shirt, not long lived.

Must love or at least like Black or Navy Blue.

To get any reasonable wear out of them, one will probably have to rotate the wear cycle — wear once, wash in Gentle cycle, and not wear until all 35 others have been worn.

Maybe consider them as disposable, or get a job in a paint department.

Buyers are doing well to manage expectations, which I opine should be kept quite low.

I got the Costco jeans deal, and they're — OK for ~$5/pr.

In for one (36 pack).

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Oh, and...
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 13, 2021 06:20PM
Thank you, Paul.

Even if they're worn only two or three times each, that's a fair amount of shirts for a fin.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: December 13, 2021 07:14PM
Oh and I also noticed that the shipping is such that they don't arrive until 1/5 ... giving LOTS of time for them to cancel out the order as a price mistake...

Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 13, 2021 07:23PM
Hey, worse thing that happens Paul, is that you make cleaning patches!

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: December 14, 2021 06:40AM
If they're really Jerzees brand, that's Fruit of the Loom (Berkshire Hathaway).

36 in Black, 3X for $20.40 shipped; 56¢ each, lot cheaper than buying tees!

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2021 06:49AM by MrNoBody.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 14, 2021 01:38PM
Racer X
Hey, worse thing that happens Paul, is that you make cleaning patches!

I was patiently waiting for the Paul F. clothing boutique to open, with Exclusive Deals Deals Deals offered on polo shirts for select clientele.
Posted by: wurm
Date: December 14, 2021 07:01PM
FWIW, I got my shipping confirmation email a few minutes ago: Your package will arrive: Wednesday, December 29 - Wednesday, January 5.

Less than half a buck each. The good thing (assuming they even show up) is that even if I hate them, I can donate them to a local charity.
Date: December 14, 2021 07:32PM
wurm
FWIW, I got my shipping confirmation email a few minutes ago: Your package will arrive: Wednesday, December 29 - Wednesday, January 5.

Less than half a buck each. The good thing (assuming they even show up) is that even if I hate them, I can donate them to a local charity.

I just got the same exact email. I'm guessing it'll be a single shirt for the $19, and then I'll have to either eat the $19 or deal with the return.

Date: December 15, 2021 10:39AM
PeterB

I just got the same exact email. I'm guessing it'll be a single shirt for the $19, and then I'll have to either eat the $19 or deal with the return.

Yup...
I expect that it may indeed be a single shirt, in which case I'll file a claim with Amazon... (I screen shot the original order saying "box of 36"). But, I also expect I'll just eat it if they want me to return it. You roll the dice, you take your chances, right?

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: December 15, 2021 02:31PM
Amazon scammer? [forums.macresource.com]

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020