advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Super annoying bug in Monterey 12.0.1
Posted by: mikebw
Date: December 15, 2021 03:30PM
I have been relying on the System Preference / Keyboard / Text shortcuts to speed up my workflow for the last year or so, on an older Mac with Mojave.

Now I am fortunate to have a new M1Max MBP, but now when I configure the same shortcuts in macOS Monterey they will work for a few minutes to hours, but then just stop working and when I go to the Keyboard/Text preference pane they are just gone, all except the system default suggestion- omw "On my way!".

Anyone else use this feature and have their shortcuts disappear? Really undermines the efficiency gains I am used to.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Super annoying bug in Monterey 12.0.1
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: December 15, 2021 03:45PM
Third-party shareware.

It is what it is.
Re: Super annoying bug in Monterey 12.0.1
Posted by: Fritz
Date: December 15, 2021 04:46PM
[ettoresoftware.store]

!#$@@$#!

Looks like 12.1 is out...
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: December 15, 2021 09:10PM
Looks like 12.1 is out according to my Software Update. Not sure if this will address your issue or not....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2021 09:11PM by SKYLANE.
Re: Looks like 12.1 is out...
Date: December 16, 2021 07:57AM
SKYLANE
Looks like 12.1 is out according to my Software Update. Not sure if this will address your issue or not....

The release notes don't mention anything about my issue but I'll give it a try anyway.
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 16, 2021 09:40AM
mikebw
SKYLANE

The release notes don't mention anything about my issue but I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm glad you mentioned this because I noticed it too and kind of thought I was crazy. I don't use text replacement much, but I had the idea to set a shortcut for everyone in my organization so that typing something like e@m would input their specific email address. But in just testing it out on my 12.0 and 12.0.1 Monterey Mac it would disappear after an hour or day. Then I got busy with other things and haven't circled back.

FWIW I find Monterey and Big Sur to be so buggy in so many little ways... for example TextEdit has a scary way of not always displaying text when two-finger scrolling through a document, and sometimes it doesn't even refresh the window and display the expected text when you stop scrolling. On three occasions now my heart has skipped a beat that I've lost valuable content.

g=
Date: December 16, 2021 11:35AM
Well I updated to 12.1, reset my shortcuts and it was fine for about 2 hours, but now they are just gone again!

EDIT- Just submitted a bug report to Apple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2021 12:24PM by mikebw.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: December 16, 2021 04:24PM
EDIT- Just submitted a bug report to Apple.

Great!

Can’t remember if that preference goes to some sort of iCloud sync…
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 154
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020