advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
My brother's iMac arrived - UPS person put in Mom's trunk because too heavy for her to carry
Posted by: stephen
Date: December 16, 2021 11:25AM
Lowest temperature next week is 39 degrees in south Georgia. Most of the week it will be in the 60s. Think it's okay to leave it there?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: My brother's iMac arrived - UPS person put in Mom's trunk because too heavy for her to carry
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: December 16, 2021 11:32AM
It should be fine, as long as the car is parked in a garage, or in a shaded area. The car is locked, yes? iMac box is not visible, yes?

=TC
Re: My brother's iMac arrived - UPS person put in Mom's trunk because too heavy for her to carry
Posted by: stephen
Date: December 16, 2021 11:51AM
Right, all good.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: December 16, 2021 12:29PM
They sit in frozen fedex trucks all the time. Should be fine.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: testcase
Date: December 16, 2021 12:51PM
Let it come to room temperature before plugging it in.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: December 16, 2021 01:49PM
testcase

And leave it in its packing during the time it is coming back up to room temperature. Helps avoid condensation and other problems connected with the temperature difference.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: December 16, 2021 01:55PM
JoeH
testcase

And leave it in its packing during the time it is coming back up to room temperature. Helps avoid condensation and other problems connected with the temperature difference.

Then poach with two eggs, salmon mousse, three large white and two purple asparagus spears, and top with hollandaise sauce.
Enjoy!
==
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: December 16, 2021 05:07PM
A nice present for your Mom for Christmas would be a lightweight folding dolly/hand cart. Look for one with large wheels, better to get over curbs and up steps, and a large platform. Built-in retaining straps are a nice bonus feature, but bungie cords are cheap and readily available everywhere so that's not a "pass/fail" criteria.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 16, 2021 05:52PM
An iMac! thumbs up At least your mother doesn’t have junk in her trunk.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 16, 2021 08:32PM
Thrift Store Scott
A nice present for your Mom for Christmas would be a lightweight folding dolly/hand cart. Look for one with large wheels, better to get over curbs and up steps, and a large platform. Built-in retaining straps are a nice bonus feature, but bungie cords are cheap and readily available everywhere so that's not a "pass/fail" criteria.

I set one up with a box strapped to it so my partner's mom could take her trash and recycling to the massive front loading dumpsters when she had her apartment. Little things like this really help to stay independent longer.

My walker has a big removable basket and a drink holder so I could get my own food after hip surgery. Will need it again soon for hip #2, and my partner's knee #1.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020