Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Newt isn’t here so… Chris Noth accused of sex assaults
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 16, 2021 10:24PM
[apnews.com]

Actor Chris Noth has been accused of sexually assaulting two women in separate encounters that took place in 2004 and 2015, according to a report Thursday.

The women’s identities were withheld by The Hollywood Reporter in order to protect their privacy, said the trade publication, which used pseudonyms for them instead.

Noth, 67, who starred in “Sex and the City” and appears briefly in its newly released sequel, “And Just Like That...,” said in a statement to the Reporter that the encounters were consensual.

“The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false. These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross,” Noth said in a statement to the Reporter.

“It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women,” he said.

Noth’s publicist did not respond to a request for further comment. A call to an attorney listed as representing him was not immediately returned.

The two women reached out independently and months apart to the Hollywood Reporter, the publication said. One, with the pseudonym Zoe, said the revival of Noth’s “Sex and the City” character, a man-about-town nicknamed Mr. Big, “set something off in me” and prompted her to go public with “who he is,” she told the Reporter.

>>>

The allegations prompted a blunt online post from actor Zoe Lister-Jones, who worked with Noth when he starred on a “Law & Order” series and she was a guest star.

“Last week, my friend asked me how I felt about Mr. Big’s death on And Just Like That, and I said, honestly, I felt relieved,” she wrote. “He asked why and I told him it was because I couldn’t separate the actor from the man, and the man is a sexual predator.”

Lister-Jones recalled how, during one take, he leaned in to sniff her neck and said, ”‘You smell good.’”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Newt isn’t here so… Chris Noth accused of sex assaults
Posted by: testcase
Date: December 16, 2021 11:46PM
Why is it OK for these "victims" to claim they need legal protection (from possible abuse that may have occurred years or decades ago ) while at the same time denying the accused the same legal protection (statute of limitations)? dunno smiley

Could these "victims" have decided that there's a payday here to be had??? boink smiley
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 16, 2021 11:50PM
why wait so long, and why right now?

Hey, my ex-wife and an ex-girlfriend's younger sister were raped, so I do understand to a fair degree, but the timing is VERY suspicious.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 17, 2021 12:06AM
Racer X
why wait so long, and why right now?

Hey, my ex-wife and an ex-girlfriend's younger sister were raped, so I do understand to a fair degree, but the timing is VERY suspicious.

My man has had a harrowed past. Now you're stronger than ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2021 12:06AM by vision63.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 17, 2021 01:33AM
show biz gossip

"Kim Kardashian's Daughter North West Shows Off Impressive Designer Handbag Collection"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2021 10:49AM by Steve G..
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: December 17, 2021 04:42AM
So no charges have been filed?
Presumed innocent until proven guilty, except by the The Hollywood Reporter and its ilk.

...why wait so long, and why right now?

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with his role in And Just Like That...
or his recurring role on The Equalizer remake.

jmo, but I detect the strong odor of a greedy, headline grabbing attorney in the room.
btw, the reference of Ms. Lister-Jones on L&O is from 15 years ago.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: December 17, 2021 07:17AM
MrNoBody
Presumed innocent until proven guilty, except by the The Hollywood Reporter and its ilk.

"Presumed innocent" is the standard for a criminal court proceeding, not the "court of opinion."

We have the right to judge a man's character on the evidence presented without a trial.

Posted by: decay
Date: December 17, 2021 08:47AM
Where is Newt, anyway?

---
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 17, 2021 08:51AM
decay
Where is Newt, anyway?
Roman Holiday ... (She's the one on back of the Vespa)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 17, 2021 09:05AM
decay
Where is Newt, anyway?

Roman Holiday ... (He's the one on the front of the Vespa)

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2021 09:06AM by Speedy.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: December 17, 2021 09:58AM
cbelt3
decay
Where is Newt, anyway?
Roman Holiday ... (She's the one on back of the Vespa)

Roamin’ holiday……? \newton

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Date: December 17, 2021 10:21AM
MrNoBody
Exactly! That ilky ilk that reports on possible stories of interest to their readers as they develop. How… ilky of them.

...why wait so long, and why right now?
Really? Dragging out this haggard old trope?

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with his role in And Just Like That...
or his recurring role on The Equalizer remake.
Okay, I’m not up on the latest in Hollywood conspiracy theory. Is it that the cornucopia of Big Bucks from a single episode appearance and an on again/off again role in a “B” list procedural has drawn in the greedy bishes like flies to Nutrasweet? Or something else?

jmo, but I detect the strong odor of a greedy, headline grabbing attorney in the room.
”The weed of greed bears attorneys and bitter, greedy bishes”, isn’t that the saying?

btw, the reference of Ms. Lister-Jones on L&O is from 15 years ago.
Why do I have a feeling that if it was a glowing testimonial to what a Great Guy he is, 15 years ago wouldn’t matter?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: chopper
Date: December 17, 2021 11:02AM
"Tips and Deals"
Date: December 17, 2021 11:04AM
Why do I have a feeling that if it was a glowing testimonial to what a Great Guy he is, 15 years ago wouldn’t matter?

Because you have your own, cynical agenda? dunno smiley

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo

includes:

patriot smiley
Date: December 17, 2021 11:35AM
More women are coming forward with stories about his creepy groping behavior.

Zoe Lister-Jones called him a "sexual predator" and said that he repeatedly harassed a friend of hers who worked at his club, was frequently drunk on set, sniffed her hair and made inappropriate personal comments to her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2021 11:36AM by Sarcany.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: December 17, 2021 11:41AM
Sarcany

"Presumed innocent" is the standard for a criminal court proceeding, not the "court of opinion."

We have the right to judge a man's character on the evidence presented without a trial.

But, no evidence has been presented to the court of public opinion... only unfounded accusation.
Gal Gadot raped me...
See? Same thing, same amount of credibility without a trial.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: December 17, 2021 11:52AM
Rats! My cynical agenda against actors with last names that are compass directions missing a consonant has been…

…EXPOSED! big grin smiley

Date: December 17, 2021 11:53AM
She's pretty high profile with a lot to lose by making the accusation and not getting it right. Something definitely happened.
Date: December 17, 2021 12:07PM
Paul F.
Sarcany

But, no evidence has been presented to the court of public opinion... only unfounded accusation.
Gal Gadot raped me...
See? Same thing, same amount of credibility without a trial.

Some sources have more credibility than others.

I give a lot more credibility to people who worked with him than a random-seeming accuser.

The standard does not have to be "beyond a reasonable doubt." You're not sending him to jail, you're forming an opinion.

It benefits no one to demand a criminal trial before making a judgment about a man's character when accusations like these come out. The extreme majority of rapists and sexual harassers will never be prosecuted. That doesn't make them angels. That leaves predators hurting women and destroying lives with impunity.

Consider this approach: "These accusations have enough detail to provide credibility. I don't think he's a good man, but will keep an open mind as time passes should it turn out that the myriad accusers were lying."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2021 12:22PM by Sarcany.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 17, 2021 02:05PM
#guiltyuntilproveninnocent

or it turns out a payout was refused....

vision63
She's pretty high profile with a lot to lose by making the accusation and not getting it right. Something definitely happened.
Never heard of her...

vision63
My man has had a harrowed past. Now you're stronger than ever.
You taught me a new word. Thank you

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: d4
Date: December 17, 2021 02:30PM

Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 17, 2021 03:55PM
Some might be surprised at the lack of physical evidence left behind by sexual harassment.
Date: December 17, 2021 04:15PM
….somewhere NewtonMP2100-)….

Posted by: PeterB
Date: December 17, 2021 05:42PM
The major problem I have with this is that ANYONE who is accused of anything has the right to face his/her accusers. As I understand it, at least one of the accusers in this case is hiding behind an anonymity shield.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: December 17, 2021 06:58PM
Beverly Johnson:

...accused Noth, her then-boyfriend, of beating her and threatening to disfigure and kill her. Court papers detailed how Johnson feared for her life and had to file a restraining order against Noth. He even threatened to kill her dog.

This is not a pile-on of women looking for a pay-day. It's following the same pattern that you'll see whenever a sexual predator is exposed. The bravery of a few women leads others to come forward and then items from the past that were conveniently overlooked or buried start popping up.

Date: December 17, 2021 07:58PM
Sarcany
Beverly Johnson:

...accused Noth, her then-boyfriend, of beating her and threatening to disfigure and kill her. Court papers detailed how Johnson feared for her life and had to file a restraining order against Noth. He even threatened to kill her dog.

This is not a pile-on of women looking for a pay-day. It's following the same pattern that you'll see whenever a sexual predator is exposed. The bravery of a few women leads others to come forward and then items from the past that were conveniently overlooked or buried start popping up.

Beverly was one of Cosby's main accusers.
Date: December 17, 2021 10:56PM
Beverly Johnson's 1995 charges against Noth seem to have gone missing.
Other than the 25+ year old news clipping, I didn't find any links to court documents.
Not saying it didn't happen, just that its documentation is hard to find.
In 2008 she made similar charges against her live-in boyfriend and
former pro golfer Mark Burk. He was convicted in January 2009 of making
“terrorist” threats against Johnson after she claimed he broke into her
house and threatened to kill her. Felony assault charges were dismissed.
CA court records show he received 36 months’ probation and 3 days in jail.
Ms. Johnson had Mr. Burk evicted from the home. Afterward, he was
indigent (legal expenses) and became homeless.

All this just has me 'scratching my head' & wondering out loud, wtf is with celebrities anyway?
old fogey smiley

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo

includes:

patriot smiley
Posted by: testcase
Date: December 18, 2021 09:21PM
"All this just has me 'scratching my head' & wondering out loud, wtf is with celebrities anyway?
old fogey smiley

Perhaps the old adage "ANY publicity is good publicity"?
Posted by: decay
Date: December 19, 2021 09:12AM
i have a friend, an actress, who dealt with him personally a few times.

this is direct from her, though I am paraphrasing.

she never saw sexual assaults, but he is arrogant, toxic, crude, entitled, and a host of other bad traits she did confirm first-hand.

she said she wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but she would not jump on the bandwagon calling him guilty already.

---
Date: December 19, 2021 11:17PM
Another accuser.

[dlisted.com]

His agent has dropped him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 63
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020