advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
6s plus to 13 Mini
Posted by: p8712
Date: December 17, 2021 12:32PM
Anybody try this? Am falling in love with the mini's size after a few years with this behemoth. Held it on 3 separate occasions in the store.

I ordered a red 128 gb Mini 13 from Apple. I like small and pocketable, and I am not glued to my phone screen like some people.

I have the largest hands possible on a human being, and it still seems to fit well. Nice using the whole screen one handed. Nice speed. I have grandfathered-in unlimited Verizon, so nice 5G, too.

Experiences welcomed.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 6s plus to 13 Mini
Posted by: Spiff
Date: December 17, 2021 01:07PM
its a struggle porting one to the other. Depends on what OS is on the 6S. Wife did the same thing. I had to use iMazing while swinging my cat by its tail and the chickens ran wild in the yard. No goats involved, though that might have made things easier.
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 17, 2021 01:20PM
Ive always been a small phone person, so Im biased, but dig my 12 mini. Although wish it was my SE size.

Im excited about the prospect of apple doing folding phones, like the reviesd razer, or the Samsung flipper. Since I'm old any use my phone for calls, light texting, a few apps and occasional maps.

5G is only a thing if you live in a big city with 5G, and its mostly marketing after that. this is a decent read if you want to know the details and have 10 minutes to kill: [www.pcmag.com]

6S plus can run the latest iOS, so as long as its running anything 14+ migration should be super simple

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 17, 2021 02:47PM
jdc
6S plus can run the latest iOS, so as long as its running anything 14+ migration should be super simple

Unless you're going from a phone with more stored on it than the storage available on the new phone.

It would be great if Apple made that easier without requiring a paid iCloud subscription. If I have a new phone with 64GB and an old phone with 128GB (and something above 64GB used) they could have a couple of simple checkboxes to not transfer certain kinds of data, like photos, music, movies. Concrete example, a 128GB original SE going to a 64GB SE gen 2, on the original SE is 40GB of photos and 40GB of music and ~48GB of everything else. When the data transfer magic sees the old phone has too much data, let me untoggle the largest data consumers... so I can successfully transfer ~48GB of stuff and leave the music and photos behind.

g=
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: December 17, 2021 03:32PM
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 17, 2021 03:52PM
gabester
It would be great if Apple made that easier without requiring a paid iCloud subscription. If I have a new phone with 64GB and an old phone with 128GB (and something above 64GB used) they could have a couple of simple checkboxes to not transfer certain kinds of data, like photos, music, movies. Concrete example, a 128GB original SE going to a 64GB SE gen 2, on the original SE is 40GB of photos and 40GB of music and ~48GB of everything else. When the data transfer magic sees the old phone has too much data, let me untoggle the largest data consumers... so I can successfully transfer ~48GB of stuff and leave the music and photos behind.

I get how that could be an issue. fwiw, 200 GB of icloud is $3. prob worth it for a one time transfer, then adjust accordingly?

You gotta manage storage? I just popped open my wifes phone to do the 15.2 update, and it said not enough space... wth? looked in storage... shes been downloading podcasts. 40 GB worth. yeowch. delete done. get rid of what you don't need/use.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: BernDog
Date: December 17, 2021 07:44PM
The 13 mini I’m holding in my hands right now is the first time Apple didn’t force me into a larger phone: 4S>5S>7>11>13 mini. 4S to 5S was great. 5S to 7 I went reluctantly, but soon realized it was a good upgrade and holding a 5S now felt comically small. 7 to 11 was reluctant again. Passed my 7 on to one of the kids, and I always still missed it any time I held it. Went to 13 mini and the love is back. Hopefully the rumors of the mini’s near future demise are all wrong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 70
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020