Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Beware of the Dark Side
Posted by: btfc
Date: December 27, 2021 04:05PM
Consume you it will...

“ Man Who Tried to Kill the Queen With a Crossbow Made Darth Vader Terror Video Before Breaking into Palace “

[www.thedailybeast.com]

“ The man who broke into Windsor Castle on Christmas Day armed with a crossbow recorded a threatening Snapchat clip, channeling Darth Vader and describing himself as a “Sith.”

Jaswant Singh Chail said in the clip that he was planning to assassinate the queen in revenge for a notorious 1919 massacre in India by British soldiers. “
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Beware of the Dark Side
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 27, 2021 05:30PM
...Chail was arrested by armed police inside the palace grounds. He was less than 2,000 feet from the queen’s private rooms when he was seized.

and

Some security experts have made the case that the palace’s security worked as it should have, but others have argued the armed man should never have got as far as he did.

and

“Security processes were triggered within moments of the man entering the grounds and he did not enter any buildings."

As the assailant was almost 700yds/610m, he would have to be a world class sprinter to get much closer.

Assuming that the threat was detected as he was climbing over the fence or immediately afterwards, then security seems tight enough.

Were it here in the US, I believe there are snipers on the roof, and sensors to detect fence jumpers.

One guy did make it inside the White House when Obama was in office, and previously, the Queen did get an uninvited guess.
Chail was arrested by armed police inside the palace grounds. He was less than 2,000 feet from the queen’s private rooms when he was caught.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 27, 2021 07:26PM
The last guy broke in twice and made it into her bedroom the second time while she was there. He was peacefully arrested and spent three months under psychiatric evaluation. That was 1982, I doubt things would go down the same today.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: chopper
Date: December 28, 2021 08:41AM
What's with all the psychos in the UK?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 81
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020