advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Thank you!
Posted by: davec
Date: December 29, 2021 07:51AM
So much gratitude. Thank you for those who sat by me (virtually) on that horrible day 7 years ago, the day that my wonderful wife, partner and best friend, died. Many of you know that writing is my way to process. So, in its rough and unedited form, I wanted to share this with you. Consider it my bumbling way of saying, "Thanks."

Dave

“Lying safe with you, I’m born again”. The voices were not Billy Preston and Syreeta’s, but ours. The music was not from the clock radio, but from my heart.
Soft tears, like a gentle spring rain, fall down. Yes, I miss you! I miss your smile, our shared tears and laughter, our voices together in song, our song. But there is gratitude. Gratitude, for with those spring rains comes new life and growth. 34 years together. Oh, what we shared! I feel so much gratitude. Yes, gratitude for the tears and the laughter. Gratitude for the quiet times and the silly times. Gratitude for the songs we sang, the tears we cried, the sunny mountain peaks and the dark valleys. Gratitude for two boys, now men, who fill my life with love, laughter and yes, even challenges. Our digging in the dirt, planting seeds, seeing flowers come to bloom, smelling the lilacs. There was so much sunshine, but there were times of storms raging around us. Yet, we found ourselves and each other, lying safe within each other’s arms. Gratitude. For the strength you gave me. For the hope you showed me. For not letting me give up or give in. For holding me. For walking with me. For leading me to find my voice and Love again, in the arms of a beautiful, wonderful woman named Kris.

Lorrie, thank you. I Love You!
Dave

...on the trailing edge of technology.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Thank you!
Posted by: Drew
Date: December 29, 2021 08:11AM
Beautiful Dave. Very glad to read about your love for her, and also that and your family are doing well now.
Date: December 29, 2021 10:31AM
Drew, thank you! Life is good and I do feel tremendously blessed. The future, my future, holds promise, adventure and excitement and will be shared with my truly beautiful fiancé, Kris!

Wishing you all the best for the coming year and years to come!

Dave

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 29, 2021 10:33AM
Nicely done! thumbs up

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: December 29, 2021 11:40AM
May the joy of good memories lift you up-and it sounds like they have!
Posted by: wave rider
Date: December 29, 2021 12:12PM
Glad to hear life is progressing in a positive way. Given your loss, there was no guarantee… thumbs up

=wr=
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 29, 2021 01:03PM
Oh

My

GOD!

That is so sweet. I love it.
Date: December 29, 2021 02:27PM
Rick-o, anonymouse, wave runner, vision63- Thank you! I do consider myself incredibly blessed and, while some might think it crazy given my wife's sudden unexpected death, I consider myself one of the luckiest people you may ever interact with or meet. I find it all incredible that after 34 years of a truly good relationship and marriage, that a truly beautiful and amazing woman named Kris found me, initiated contact and we grew to love each other so deeply and profoundly. Our relationship won't always be buttercups, rainbows and unicorns, and there will be serious work for us to do, but the future holds exciting opportunities for us. I am blessed and incredibly lucky! :-) Thanks again for the kind words and support! I hope you have a truly great day!

Dave

Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 29, 2021 07:51PM
You go, davec!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 29, 2021 08:26PM
Your partner will live forever in your heart. Thank you giving us a peek!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020